Recent Tanzania Adventure

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
RDCollins
RDCollins Senior Member • Posts: 1,175
Re: Recent Tanzania Adventure

RichardB51 wrote:

Beautiful image!

Thanks. As usual, it was mostly a matter of being in the right spot at the right time!

Here are a couple more from my Tanzania trip:

-- hide signature --

Doug Collins
Hermosa Beach, California

RDCollins's gear list:RDCollins's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
OP RichardB51 Junior Member • Posts: 44

Beautiful!  Photo ops there really do abound.

RichardB51's gear list:RichardB51's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +6 more
RDCollins

RichardB51 wrote:

Beautiful! Photo ops there really do abound.

Thanks again for the compliment.

You're absolutely right about the abundance of photo ops — it's nearly constant, nirvana for animal lovers and photogs. And there's a very good reason for it — the animals are reasonably comfortable around humans because of the way the Tanzanians run their huge, magnificent parks. Rather than running away, most of the animals simply pay little or no attention to the humans or their vehicles.

Check these ladies:

Or this guy:

Or him:

Better than any zoo — and one summer in college I had the privilege of working at the San Diego Zoo (arguably the best in the world).

-- hide signature --

Doug Collins

Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
RDCollins

Two other things about Tanzania that, despite the two 12-hour flights to get there, make me want to go back: The accommodations are fabulous, and the people are great.

I was also fascinated by the Maasi people, an indigenous, itinerant tribe that follows their herds of cattle and sheep and are highly protected by the Tanzanian government — you see them frequently in the national parks because they are allowed unfettered access.

Here are a couple more photos to entice other to take the plunge:

Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge

Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge Bar

Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge Patio & Pool

Maasi Greeters

If you're interested in recommendations for tours, feel free to contact me and I'll happily share the information about our trip arrangements. Truly a trip of one's lifetime!

-- hide signature --

Doug Collins

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads