aliens seek out jet

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
stevet1 Contributing Member • Posts: 551
aliens seek out jet

Aliens seek out fleeing jet!

No, actually, I was just playing around with a circular polarizer.

Steve Thomas

ellare Regular Member • Posts: 280
Re: aliens seek out jet

stevet1, That's a good one! I have been watching X-Files reruns for awhile now and this would fit right in. Would like to hear what you think of the circular polarizer and it would be of interest to me what make you have or decide on. Thanks.

Ellare

-- hide signature --

contrast is essential

ellare's gear list:ellare's gear list
Nikon D50 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Nikon D7100 Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +4 more
OP stevet1 Contributing Member • Posts: 551

ellare wrote:

stevet1, That's a good one! I have been watching X-Files reruns for awhile now and this would fit right in. Would like to hear what you think of the circular polarizer and it would be of interest to me what make you have or decide on. Thanks.

Ellare

Ellare,

The color polarizers are ok. I have the screw on Tiffen brand that I got from B&H. They're good for cutting the glare off of water so you can see the fish underneath, and help cut through haze in long distance landscape shots. They can add depth of field that way. They also help cut reflections coming off non-metallic surfaces.

I haven't worked with it yet, but it's supposed to add about 2-3 stops of neutral density. I want to screw it it on to a 3 stop neutral density filter and turn it into a 6 stop ND filter, if I need to.

Steve Thomas

ellare Regular Member • Posts: 280

stevet1, Thank you so much. I suppose that with that much neutral density one could use a slow shutter speed on a bright day to get the motion of a water fall for those dramatic visuals so many good photographer capture. Thanks again for taking time to explain your experience to me.

Happy shooting!

Ellare

-- hide signature --

contrast is essential

ellare's gear list:ellare's gear list
Nikon D50 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Nikon D7100 Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +4 more
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 5,195

LOL you had me fooled.

stevet1 wrote:

Aliens seek out fleeing jet!

No, actually, I was just playing around with a circular polarizer.

Steve Thomas

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon PowerShot Zoom Canon EOS 7D Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads