*** Challenge 324: Colour ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Jocksa
Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
*** Challenge 324: Colour ***

As ever, I've tried to pick a subject that we all have access to regardless of our Covid movement restrictions. The idea is that colour forms a significant part of the appeal of the picture. As such the subject matter is very broad and I'm looking forward to imaginative submissions.

Here are some examples of what I have in mind.

Rules:

1. This challenge will run until midnight British Summer Time 31 October.
  2. Photos must have been taken with a Nikon camera.
  3. You're allowed up to three entries, but create a unique post for each please with a unique title, please.
  4. Images can have been taken at any time, but since the idea of a challenge is to challenge, kudos will be given to any shots taken in response to the challenge.
  5. Enjoy!

Best of Luck!

-- hide signature --

“Stand in front of something more interesting.”

Jocksa's gear list:Jocksa's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +3 more
chrisD46 Contributing Member • Posts: 827
Re: *** Challenge 324: Colour ***

This wall was used to test paint - I just moved in close to focus on the cracks / texture :

Damnerd
Damnerd Veteran Member • Posts: 3,523
Jump in with "autumn color"

Before someone else does. From a few weeks ago when the aspens were coloring up:

"sawtooth after a storm"

-- hide signature --

Don
Downloading re-editing/re-touching of my images is prohibited without express permission.
Do you walk into an art exhibit or walk up to an artist at his easel and say "let me see a brush, I'll fix it for you"?
That is ludicrous.
http://www.damnerd.com

Damnerd
3 days earlier

same scene:

"sawtooth at sunset"

Note this was before the storms and the color is aided with smoke from wildfires miles away in California. (this was taken in central Utah)

-- hide signature --

Don
Downloading re-editing/re-touching of my images is prohibited without express permission.
Do you walk into an art exhibit or walk up to an artist at his easel and say "let me see a brush, I'll fix it for you"?
That is ludicrous.

Damnerd
Picnic Steps in the Aspens

-- hide signature --

Don
That is ludicrous.

monu123 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: *** Challenge 324: Colour ***

A macro photo of a bubble. The mixture has a few drops of glycerine to give the colourful 'coating'.

Not sure why camera info isn't there. Taken with the D7000 @ f/29, 1/80s ISO 250 with an external flash from the top, image is slightly cropped.

Iain G Foulds
Iain G Foulds Veteran Member • Posts: 5,081
… Creative Color

-- hide signature --

... “Photographers have been gaslighted by camera companies to obsess about every leaf on the trees, and have lost sight of the forest.” IGF

Iain G Foulds's gear list:Iain G Foulds's gear list
Sigma DP2
straitouttahell
straitouttahell Contributing Member • Posts: 741
Indaiatuba - SP - Brazil

straitouttahell's gear list:straitouttahell's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D7100 Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +4 more
Damnerd
Exhibition: the table of "Picnic Steps in the Aspens"

-- hide signature --

Don
That is ludicrous.

photonut2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,504
Pursuing blue

Sergey Prach
Sergey Prach Regular Member • Posts: 163
Do you like chocolate?

Sergey Prach's gear list:Sergey Prach's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Olympus C-770 UZ Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot G15 +9 more
Jocksa
OP Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
Entry #1 (if I wasn't the host)

Taken today.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Jocksa
OP Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
Entry #2 (if I wasn't the host)

-- hide signature --

photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,323
Re: Color landscape

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +35 more
rdavy Regular Member • Posts: 414
Lavender flower

D3300 + 50mm 1.8G + extension

rdavy's gear list:rdavy's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P340 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300
ken5678 Regular Member • Posts: 213
best not to eat me, or so I've heard

I Beam Veteran Member • Posts: 3,521
Entry 1 - Red Rose

Taken today.

Regards

Paul

mjevans Contributing Member • Posts: 679
ENTRY 1: David Hockney building

Taken in Bradford last Thursday.
This is the Bradford University David Hockey building which obviously has some resonance with photographers.

I obviously like the coloured frontage but I thought the reds looked good against the very blue sky.

Martin

mjevans's gear list:mjevans's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +12 more
ENTRY2: The YMCA Culture Fusion building

The YMCA Culture Fusion building in Bradford. Taken last Thursday on a 5 hour walk around Bradford with a friend. I love buildings (which was the principle reason for the trip) and this modern one stood out against the sky and although not seen in this image, the older victorian buildings around it.

It was taken from the back of the David Hockney university building from behind a tall wall I had to balance the camera on and taken it in live view - thank goodness for the articulating screen on the D500.

Martin

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +12 more
ENTRY3: View through beach hut windows

Admittedly, taken just outside the challenge period but I'm moving house and a bit busy.

These are beach huts at Saltburn and it is a view through the side and down through the huts.

Martin

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads