Hidden Link in the 21 announcement

Started Oct 16, 2021 | Discussions
Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 2,446
Hidden Link in the 21 announcement

Perhaps I just missed it before now because I usually browse on my iPad, not a desktop/laptop browser…

But while thumb scrolling the page I clicked on the part where there was the “from the development team” that I thought was a placeholder and was treated to all this extra info and coolness

https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/eu_en/additional-product-information/limited-edition-content/a-message-from-the-development-team/

Apologies in advance if others already clicked, but I thought it worth its own topic.

I mean, just look at the photos of the lens mounted without its casing!

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Nikon Z5 Nikon Z fc Sony a7 IV Tokina Opera 50mm F1.4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +3 more
Plakanina
Plakanina Senior Member • Posts: 1,657
Re: Hidden Link in the 21 announcement

Awesome

Plakanina's gear list:Plakanina's gear list
Ricoh GR IIIx Pentax K-5 II HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
klimbkat
klimbkat Senior Member • Posts: 2,646

What a fun read - they love what they do and it shows.

Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 4,196

I'm very impressed with their presentation. Quite detailed and informative also a nice insight into a painstaking process of evaluating and the tools and techniques used in the process.

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax K100D Super Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax KP +19 more
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 6,038

Mike Arledge wrote:

Perhaps I just missed it before now because I usually browse on my iPad, not a desktop/laptop browser…

But while thumb scrolling the page I clicked on the part where there was the “from the development team” that I thought was a placeholder and was treated to all this extra info and coolness

https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/eu_en/additional-product-information/limited-edition-content/a-message-from-the-development-team/

Apologies in advance if others already clicked, but I thought it worth its own topic.

Thanks for sharing Mike.

It's interesting, seeing their passion for what they do, and it explains the uncased lens is so they can make adjustments before fixing the formula. (That's why it has those two scales.

Did you notice the thing on intentional soft focus wide open - oh boy people are going to complain - but also the Bokeh comparisons.

This - like the 3 amigos - is NOT simply a lens for those who want that focal length, it's a lens for those who want a lens which feels and renders like that - and will pay accordingly.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +3 more
OP Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 2,446

James O'Neill wrote:

Mike Arledge wrote:

Thanks for sharing Mike.

It's interesting, seeing their passion for what they do, and it explains the uncased lens is so they can make adjustments before fixing the formula. (That's why it has those two scales.

Did you notice the thing on intentional soft focus wide open - oh boy people are going to complain - but also the Bokeh comparisons.

This - like the 3 amigos - is NOT simply a lens for those who want that focal length, it's a lens for those who want a lens which feels and renders like that - and will pay accordingly.

Yes, I anticipate it becoming a legend!

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Nikon Z5 Nikon Z fc Sony a7 IV Tokina Opera 50mm F1.4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +3 more
PeterPentax
PeterPentax Senior Member • Posts: 1,125

I have always found the "transition" from in-focus to out-of -focus to be the defining characteristic of the LTD lenses, especially the 31mm.

This lens no doubt will have the same magic, plus the close-up wide open deliberate softness.

If Pentax is to continue showing what a DSLR + quality lens with character is capable of delivering, then this is exactly the right approach.

Throw away those test charts, that is not what this lens appears to be about !

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads