***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 16th - 22nd, 2021***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
reinaroundtheglobe
reinaroundtheglobe Regular Member • Posts: 300
Fun in Rotterdam, netherlands

Last Friday I decided to go to Rotterdam to do some photography. It was my lucky day because there was a lightshow on the new high rise building the "Zalmhavaven" I started early because in Rotterdam, you can't go wrong

Port of Rotterdam © Reinier Snijders

Sunsets behind the Erasmus bridge  © Reinier Snijders

Framed © Reinier Snijders

Lights on! © Reinier Snijders

On the bridge  © Reinier Snijders

The "Zalmhaven" © Reinier Snijders

Rotterdam from above © Reinier Snijders

So next time when you plan a visit to The Netherlands.. don't forget Rotterdam because there's lots to see

reinaroundtheglobe's gear list:reinaroundtheglobe's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a6400 Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +6 more
SunsetBk Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Sunflowers
 SunsetBk's gear list:SunsetBk's gear list
Sony a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +3 more
barnyz Contributing Member • Posts: 525
Re: Fun in Rotterdam, netherlands

Fantastic set. It looks like a cool and modern city and not what i would expect in Europe. I would love to visit there, looks like a perfect location for timelapses as well

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
reinaroundtheglobe

barnyz wrote:

Fantastic set. It looks like a cool and modern city and not what i would expect in Europe. I would love to visit there, looks like a perfect location for timelapses as well

Most people are focused on Amsterdam when they visit The Netherlands but for the architecture, you have to be in Rotterdam. Besides this area (Kop van Zuid) there are more interesting objects to find in this city.

Sony a7R III Sony a6400 Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +6 more
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,825
Re: This Morning's Nature Walk

LouMeluso wrote:

Very nice series and background blur is excellent.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
MicahSYL
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 16th - 22nd, 2021***

TMG1961 wrote:

Very nice series.  Yes, I like Samyang lenses.  Their new f1.8 series (24mm and 35mm) is very good.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
MicahSYL
Re: Sunflowers

SunsetBk wrote:

Very nice series of images.  Another fantastic lens from Sony.  Glad that you can have the opportunities to go out and shot.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Dave_Good Senior Member • Posts: 1,010

reinaroundtheglobe wrote:

Last Friday I decided to go to Rotterdam to do some photography. It was my lucky day because there was a lightshow on the new high rise building the "Zalmhavaven" I started early because in Rotterdam, you can't go wrong

On the bridge © Reinier Snijders

So next time when you plan a visit to The Netherlands.. don't forget Rotterdam because there's lots to see

Great set! Gotta like those sunstars the Voigtlander produces.

Dave_Good's gear list:Dave_Good's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Tokina 20mm F2 FE MF Voigtlander 65mm F2 Macro APO-Lanthar Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +3 more
Out for a walk

with clear blue skies and thirty degree (C) weather. Just keeping up with my manual focusing skills at f/2 on a (slow) moving dog. Straight from C1P. Thanks for looking.

Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Tokina 20mm F2 FE MF Voigtlander 65mm F2 Macro APO-Lanthar Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +3 more
wade maney Contributing Member • Posts: 526

Ok - these are some amazing images of an awesome city - thanks for taking the time to take the photos and for sharing them. Great shot to the light show.

Wade

wade maney's gear list:wade maney's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +6 more
SunsetBk Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Re: Sunflowers

MicahSYL wrote:

SunsetBk wrote:

Very nice series of images. Another fantastic lens from Sony. Glad that you can have the opportunities to go out and shot. Cheers.

Thanks.  I love the lens.  Its really cool to have a smallish lens with that speed and versatility.  I am super limited when it comes to opportunities to shoot, as all of these were taken on the run with my 2 year old trotting along.

SunsetBk's gear list:SunsetBk's gear list
Sony a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +3 more
apilot
apilot Regular Member • Posts: 226
Arlington

reinaroundtheglobe

Dave_Good wrote:

reinaroundtheglobe wrote:

On the bridge © Reinier Snijders

Great set! Gotta like those sunstars the Voigtlander produces.

Yup.. to me the VoigtlÃĪnder sunstars are the best

jorge elguera
jorge elguera Contributing Member • Posts: 566
Real estate agent

So I took some professional profile pictures of a venezuelan real estate agent who travels between Lima - Miami - Orlando - Caracas.

All shot using A7riii and Sigma 85mm 1.4 with MBV adapter. Single Godox AD600 Pro light with silver reflective umbrella.

-- hide signature --

Jorge Elguera
Lima - Peru.
www.pbase.com/jorginho

jorge elguera's gear list:jorge elguera's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a1 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Karl Scharf
Karl Scharf Veteran Member • Posts: 4,379
Autumn at Allegany State Park

-- hide signature --

...."Sony, your crap is so good"....love this quote!

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony a7 IV Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS +7 more
Shunted Forum Member • Posts: 59
Isle of Skye

Spent 4 days on Skye and about 1 hour of sun total..tried to make due

MicahSYL
Flying Fox with baby Fox

Resized to 4K

Crop for a closeup view

Found the flying fox and baby while on my routine walk through the forested path.

Thank you for viewing.

-- hide signature --

Terry K1
Terry K1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,552
Re: Snaps

Absolutely beautiful.

Terry K1's gear list:Terry K1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM +5 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 6,006
Re: Flying Fox with baby Fox

MicahSYL wrote:

Resized to 4K

Crop for a closeup view

Found the flying fox and baby while on my routine walk through the forested path.

Thank you for viewing.

You have a lot of very interesting fauna to discover for such an urban area. And a very good eye to capture the mother and baby in the deep shade. Nice work.

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
Re: Autumn at Allegany State Park

Beautiful.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads