Win11 adaptation poll

Started 7 months ago | Polls
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 2,330
Re: Win11 adaptation poll

WryCuda wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

ms18 wrote:

For those who installed your opinions are welcome in comments.

Personally I'm planning to install it in a month or when windows update recommend me in Windows update.

Yes, I also waited (18 days) until Update said that Win11 was available...

(Dell 5000 G5, 3 months old with installation of Win10 and various applications).

Download and installation took less than an hour and everything was fine. X-Box was loaded at startup, but I soon relegated that to a taskbar shortcut, some system controls are more sprinkled around than before, some apps seem to start more quickly, etc. etc.

I'll be doing the same upgrade for another Dell (XPS 8940), but a couple of non-compliant computers will stay at Win10. They'll be 6 and 8 years old by 2025 and due for honourable retirement.

I just updated the Dell XPS 8940 without any issues. This time, X-Box didn't load automatically at start-up, possibly because the XPS isn't designated as a "Games" computer, whereas the Dell G5 is billed as such, although it's very similar in specification to the XPS.

I am not sure, but my 8940 started up Xbox gaming on first startup.  I went in manually and turned it off. Not something I use.

-- hide signature --

Fronterra Photography Tours
One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Mystery member Forum Pro • Posts: 11,087

The Point and Shoot Pro wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

ms18 wrote:

Personally I'm planning to install it in a month or when windows update recommend me in Windows update.

Yes, I also waited (18 days) until Update said that Win11 was available...

(Dell 5000 G5, 3 months old with installation of Win10 and various applications).

Download and installation took less than an hour and everything was fine. X-Box was loaded at startup, but I soon relegated that to a taskbar shortcut, some system controls are more sprinkled around than before, some apps seem to start more quickly, etc. etc.

I'll be doing the same upgrade for another Dell (XPS 8940), but a couple of non-compliant computers will stay at Win10. They'll be 6 and 8 years old by 2025 and due for honourable retirement.

I just updated the Dell XPS 8940 without any issues. This time, X-Box didn't load automatically at start-up, possibly because the XPS isn't designated as a "Games" computer, whereas the Dell G5 is billed as such, although it's very similar in specification to the XPS.

I am not sure, but my 8940 started up Xbox gaming on first startup. I went in manually and turned it off. Not something I use.

Since it's a new feature, there's no "history" that should influence startup options, although since my computers are networked, it's just possible that the second installation suppressed X-Box.

BTW, the XPS 8940 has a fair bit of software installed, including a flight simulator.

ms18
OP ms18 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,287
Any one using photoshop 2020 in windows 11?

I don't want to update photoshop. Just curious to know is any one using Photoshop 2020 in windows 11?

ms18's gear list:ms18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
The Point and Shoot Pro

Mine never came with any such software.  Must be in different regions.

-- hide signature --

One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Rodolfo Contributing Member • Posts: 823

I have a Surface Pro 2 and a Surface 3. The 3 already alerts me that it will/can not run Win 11; the Pro's report is that tests are still being conducted to learn whether (on Updating, both; both are on as-updated-as-possible/checked modes). I'll probably get a newer Pro and/or the new Go 3, though not specifically to get Win 11, at least not yet because the early reviews/reports are attractive.

Rodolfo's gear list:Rodolfo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 LG V30
jfk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074
Re: Any one using photoshop 2020 in windows 11?

I read somewhere that Office 13 will not work with win 11.  Is this true?

jfk

Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,731

ms18 wrote:

I don't want to update photoshop. Just curious to know is any one using Photoshop 2020 in windows 11?

It worked when I tested it

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +12 more
Morris0

jfk wrote:

I read somewhere that Office 13 will not work with win 11. Is this true?

jfk

You must have read this on the Internet.

Morris

Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +12 more
Gary Coombs
Gary Coombs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,558

ms18 wrote:

I know this isn't what you're asking and this is purely informational...

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan subscription.
Photoshop 2022 works perfectly with Windows 11.
Lightroom Classic 11.0. works perfectly with Windows 11.

-- hide signature --

Gary in Atlanta

Gary Coombs's gear list:Gary Coombs's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 15,443

Morris0 wrote:

jfk wrote:

jfk

Morris

Where else?
Does anyone still buy any tech info for the masses (magazines) printed on paper?

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels.

Morris0

Patco wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

jfk wrote:

jfk

Morris

Where else?
Does anyone still buy any tech info for the masses (magazines) printed on paper?

As they say, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Morris

The Point and Shoot Pro

As far as I have read, any piece of software that works on 10, works on 11.

-- hide signature --

One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

jfk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074

That's good news, and I can say I read it on the internet.

jfk

ms18

Morris0 wrote:

Just to be extra careful.  was your version Photoshop 2020?

Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
ms18

Yes. Adobe officially acknowledges Creative cloud 2022 will work with Win11

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Morris0

ms18 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

Just to be extra careful. was your version Photoshop 2020?

I believe it was at the time.  I was running in a VM that I have since deleted.  I'm not moving to W11 for a while.  I'll let others work out the bugs and as my laptop can't upgrade, I'll wait for MS to stop trying to sell new computers and support mine or there to be a clear answer to if MS will continue to support w11 on hardware they want us to upgrade for monetary reasons (greed).

Morris

ms18
Thanks NT
lambertj Regular Member • Posts: 217

ms18 wrote:

My Win 10 Update screen has just told me that Win 11 is now ready to download and install.

Historically I have never updated to a new OS until at least the first service pack had been released.

I will wait until at least the first Win 11 major update (or whatever they are called nowadays - feature/quality) is released before updating but while Win 10 is still supported by the apps I use, I see no urgency to rush into Win 11.

ms18
Now it's available. I'm tempted. But want to know for sure will photoshop 2020 work with it?
Mystery member Forum Pro • Posts: 11,087

lambertj wrote:

ms18 wrote:

My Win 10 Update screen has just told me that Win 11 is now ready to download and install.

Historically I have never updated to a new OS until at least the first service pack had been released.

I will wait until at least the first Win 11 major update (or whatever they are called nowadays - feature/quality) is released before updating but while Win 10 is still supported by the apps I use, I see no urgency to rush into Win 11.

You won't have to wait long.

After both my recent Win10 to Win11 updates, checking again for updates immediately found a fresh update for Win11. (Cumulative update for Windows 11, KB5006746).

No compatibility issues found so far. I run a combination of new applications, plus some old favourites. The X-Plane11 flight simulator was unaffected by the upgrade, although the older Logitech joystick drivers prevented the implementation of Core Isolation.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads