***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 2nd - 8th, 2021***

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 3,016
Re: Dogs (test shots) with the Sony 50mm F/1.2 'G' Master

aSevenArr wrote:

Some initial test shots with my new Sony 50mm F1.2 GM

My initial impression is that this is some very nice glass and I'm looking forward to really testing and using this lens.

Very nice results.  Good buy.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +19 more
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 3,016
Another walk today

There is some leaves obstructing the view, none the less the lens was able to  lock focus on the pigeon.

Common Parasol - Final adjust with MF as lens lock focus on the nearest point, which is often the wing or the tail.

Thank you for viewing.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +19 more
htimm1948
htimm1948 Regular Member • Posts: 285
Rutting season red deer (The Netherlands)

htimm1948's gear list:htimm1948's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R +12 more
Colorado Snowman
Colorado Snowman Contributing Member • Posts: 547
A couple of bears

These two black bears are special to me for spiritual reasons that I will keep to myself.  The photos were taken on different evenings near dusk.  In the first photo, with the blackest bear, the sow was standing to the right of the tree that her cub was up in.  I'm not sure if the black bear in the second photo was a sow or a boar, but it does have a nice brown color.  It is unusual for me to see bears in the daylight hours but I got lucky on two consecutive outings.  Thanks for looking.  Regards, Dean

Sow black bear near her cub.  Too bad about the weeds, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get...

Brownish black bear.

Colorado Snowman's gear list:Colorado Snowman's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 6,109
Re: A couple of bears

Dean,

It is wonderful how your "neighbors" come to visit your home to lift your spirits before evening's fall. Weeds and all, the images are noteworthy captures of the relationships between Nature and ourselves.

Ed

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
ahaslett
ahaslett Forum Pro • Posts: 10,340
Re: Lighthouse frustration

Gerald Brooks wrote:

Like to see this recomposed at 35mm.

That was always going to be difficult with a 17-28mm.  How about this.

Very different location, AoV and sky.  Sun went behind clouds just before I was ready and had to leave due to night falling and tide rising.

One day…

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +30 more
grsnovi
grsnovi Senior Member • Posts: 2,098
A few cropped jpg's

I haven't had a chance to develop the ARW's yet but here are a few jpg's from Friday/Saturday...

These are all from Cannon Beach, Oregon.

Looking south from Tolovana

The ever popular Haystack Rock

Evening haze...

I might take this next one to high contrast B&W...

Once I got home, I discovered a rather largish floogie on my sensor that must have dropped in during a lens change. I removed it with a soft brush. Haven't shot with it again yet, we'll see how I did.

Tiny piece of a much larger image with 2 other ducks OOF

South of Cannon Beach looking towards the SW

grsnovi's gear list:grsnovi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony SLT-A65 Sony a7R III Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
Colorado Snowman
Re: 10mm UWA Landscapes

Great job Ed!  Glad to see that you are getting out.  I need to break out one of my WA or UWA lenses and learn how to use it from you and others on this forum.  I seem to be stuck in my telephoto ways...  I am heading to Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow so maybe I'll get a chance to photograph some fall colors before I go on my elk/moose hunt (with my camera, not my rifle).  Regards, Dean

Sony a7R III Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
Colorado Snowman
Re: Rutting season red deer (The Netherlands)

I love your photos of the red deer stags!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to get over to your side of the Atlantic someday to photograph those majestic deer.  Tomorrow I'm heading out here in Colorado looking for elk and moose.  Regards, Dean

VisionLight
Re: 10mm UWA Landscapes

Thanks Dean. I look forward to your Rocky Mountain colors of Autumn. And also, good "hunting". Ed

-- hide signature --
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
will focus
will focus Senior Member • Posts: 2,602

Colorado Snowman wrote:

These two black bears are special to me for spiritual reasons that I will keep to myself. The photos were taken on different evenings near dusk. In the first photo, with the blackest bear, the sow was standing to the right of the tree that her cub was up in. I'm not sure if the black bear in the second photo was a sow or a boar, but it does have a nice brown color. It is unusual for me to see bears in the daylight hours but I got lucky on two consecutive outings. Thanks for looking. Regards, Dean

Sow black bear near her cub. Too bad about the weeds, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get...

Brownish black bear.

ISO 10,000? Holy Smokes! How did you manage to produce such sharp noiseless images? That Brownish Black Bear shot is stellar.

will focus's gear list:will focus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +3 more
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,126
Re: Dogs (test shots) with the Sony 50mm F/1.2 'G' Master

MicahSYL wrote:

aSevenArr wrote:

Some initial test shots with my new Sony 50mm F1.2 GM

My initial impression is that this is some very nice glass and I'm looking forward to really testing and using this lens.

Very nice results. Good buy. Cheers.

Yes the low light capability and the incredible creamy bokeh swung it for me… But I’m noticing also that there is a good bit more contrast than my f1.4 ZA Planar (which will be going up for sale soon).

Although if you’re on a tight budget there really isn’t a big difference in sharpness from the Zeiss Planar - I did several tests to compare the two (the Zeiss is indeed a very sharp lens).

You really have to pixel peep and even then it's very minor which is likely why almost no reviewers are showing this comparison.

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +13 more
Colorado Snowman

Thanks Will!  I was rapidly losing sunlight.  Based on the shutter speed I could have and probably should have dropped the ISO a bit.  But this is the magic of Topaz DeNoise AI software.  Best regards, Dean

TMG1961
TMG1961 Regular Member • Posts: 430
Pocket watch

-- hide signature --

Theo
**I have no problem with downloading my original image and editing it**

TMG1961's gear list:TMG1961's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Kevin Novak Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 2nd - 8th, 2021***

Milky Way, Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, USA.

-- hide signature --

www.facebook.com/KevinNovakPhoto

Kevin Novak's gear list:Kevin Novak's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Sony a7R III Sony a6600 DJI Pocket 2 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +7 more
trainerKEN Senior Member • Posts: 1,569
Barn Owl in flight

It's always nice to be able to take pictures of Barn Owls.... even better when they are active and NOT sleeping 

trainerKEN's gear list:trainerKEN's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony a1 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
VisionLight
Re: 10mm UWA - The Summit "re-visited"

I thought you might like this interpretation. Comments are welcome.

-- hide signature --
Colorado Snowman

Love it!  Seriously, great job!

Colorado Snowman
Re: Barn Owl in flight

Really nice photos of a beautiful owl!  Sharp focus and nice DOF.  Regards, Dean

VisionLight

Colorado Snowman wrote:

Love it! Seriously, great job!

Thank you my friend. Those were the type of clouds that got me wet last week, so it was a wistful yearning to create an image I was after then. Plus, it was just fun. Ed

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads