***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 2nd - 8th, 2021***

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
rogerjosem
MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,435
***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 2nd - 8th, 2021***

This weekly topic serves as a place for forum members to share recent work with our Sony Alpha full frame cameras. It's OK for a7x and a9 camera owners to dazzle us with images made with other cameras, but the idea is to allow owners with similar cameras to compare notes, chops, and sensibilities.

Using Threaded View helps to keep each person's contribution and responses linked in a tree-like structure so replies/discussions are easier to follow.

To begin:

1. Add your contribution for the week by responding to this, the first message in this topic.

2. Change the Subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it. (Embedding makes it easier to participate, easier than a link to an image located outside the forum - but links aren’t a great offense).

If you especially want C&C (criticism/critique) or technique feedback, say so. It’s assumed one does want such feedback, but direct requests may garner a more studied analysis/response. If you don't want such feedback, say so, and others will respect your wishes.

If you feel you've been ignored, select your post, reply to it with a brief note to the effect of "Can I get some feedback?". Not getting feedback on a post isn't uncommon, so don't feel offended - no one is charged to ensure all posts get attention (we're not organized enough for that). If you want particular feedback (composition, exposure choice, etc.), saying so can be helpful for the potential respondents as to what your needs may be.

It is courteous and advisable that, should you post images for feedback, you also make comment on at least one other contribution. Respectful acknowledgment of everyone is the goal, and it’s requested that all participants assume some responsibility to that end.

Sometimes people illustrate suggestions by re-editing images that you post here and reposting them in this thread. If you don't want that done, please say so. Otherwise, we'll all assume that's OK with you. Of course, it is never OK for anyone to take your images, edited or not, and repost them elsewhere.

rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +10 more
Sony a1 Sony a7 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rogerjosem
OP MOD rogerjosem Veteran Member • Posts: 3,435
Snaps
 rogerjosem's gear list:rogerjosem's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 Zeiss Otus 85mm F1.4 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +10 more
ahaslett
ahaslett Forum Pro • Posts: 10,303
Re: ***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 2nd - 8th, 2021***

Love the lighting and subtle makeup.  You promised us “snaps”?  Would be good to see the others.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +30 more
ahaslett
ahaslett Forum Pro • Posts: 10,303
Lighthouse frustration

There is a particular shot I’ve been trying to get of a local lighthouse with low sun shining from the left and the tide just washing over the breakwater.  Needs enough cloud to be interesting but not cover the sun.

Missed my window earlier in the week due to rain.  Missed the one before due to sheeting on the deck.  Went tonight to check the timing, 20 mins too late on the sun and 40 mins too early on the tide.  Still the cloudscape was good.

The two lovers were exactly where I planned to put the tripod.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +30 more
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,445
A7C w/28-60mm End Of Sommer Flower and Our Dog

Went out for a walk and got a shot of our end of summer flower and my fun dog. I love using the simple light weight combo of A7C w/28-60mm.

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + G + GM Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a7C Sony a6500 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,445
Re: Snaps

rogerjosem wrote:

Nice and sharp on eye browls and lashes and nice skin tone.  Beautiful young lady.

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + G + GM Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a7C Sony a6500 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 6,103
Re: Snaps

rogerjosem wrote:

Very nice, Roger. So, is your daughter working for scale or is she as good a negotiator as she is a model? 

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
rb dwn Senior Member • Posts: 1,036
Black-winged stilt

I desaturated all but the leg (and eye) colour - liked the effect

-- hide signature --
VisionLight
Re: Lighthouse frustration

ahaslett wrote:

There is a particular shot I’ve been trying to get of a local lighthouse with low sun shining from the left and the tide just washing over the breakwater. Needs enough cloud to be interesting but not cover the sun.

Missed my window earlier in the week due to rain. Missed the one before due to sheeting on the deck. Went tonight to check the timing, 20 mins too late on the sun and 40 mins too early on the tide. Still the cloudscape was good.

The two lovers were exactly where I planned to put the tripod.

Andrew

Isn't it wonderful that even when you don't get what you were after, you still come home with a very nice capture. The two lovers even provide a scale that greatly add to its interest. Nice.

-- hide signature --
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
VisionLight
10mm UWA Landscapes

After going out last week to capture cloud formations over my "neighborhood" and then only getting wet, this week I had a bit more luck. The rectilinear Rokinon SP 10mm f/3.5 UWA lens was on my A7R IV as I hit the Appalachian Trail. Both images are full frame with no cropping (downsized of course) and post processing are my own Autumn Landscape scripts.

My "neighborhood" from the Appalachian Trail in the early days of Autumn. The 10mm lens captures Connecticut at the left middle edge, New York in the middle, and New Jersey just touches the edge of the frame at the middle right.

A 10mm view of the Summit of Bear Mountain overlooking Harriman State Park to the West.

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome.

-- hide signature --
John Borrelli
John Borrelli Senior Member • Posts: 1,190
Assorted images

I may have rushed the processing on these. All the best, john

paul katinas
paul katinas Contributing Member • Posts: 888
Ducks, Osprey/Eagle, Nesting Eagle

Sony a9, Sony 200-600mm

Black Bellied Whistling Ducks

Osprey buzzing an Eagle

Nesting Eagle

Happy trails

Derek Dean
Derek Dean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,159
Re: Black-winged stilt

A beautiful bird and a nice capture of the reflections.

Derek Dean's gear list:Derek Dean's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Derek Dean
Re: Assorted images

John Borrelli wrote:

All very nice with this one being my favorite of the group : )

Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Derek Dean
Morning on the Bay

September Sunrise ©2021 Derek Dean

Waiting for Breakfast ©2021 Derek Dean

Comments and suggestions always welcome : )

VisionLight

2 and 3 are my favorites. Processing on those look good to me. 

-- hide signature --
barnyz Contributing Member • Posts: 560

I agree, I like how the river leads to the amazing sun and light

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
barnyz Contributing Member • Posts: 560
Re: Morning on the Bay

Lovely glowing light in the top shot especially with the mist adding to the scene

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
TMG1961
TMG1961 Regular Member • Posts: 430
Tiny plants, a mushroom and an expanded clay aggregate.

-- hide signature --

Theo
**I have no problem with downloading my original image and editing it**

TMG1961's gear list:TMG1961's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
win10-64 Contributing Member • Posts: 535
One serious looking pigeon.

-- hide signature --

For every house is builded by some man; but He that built all things is God. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads