This month with your Nikon 1 - October 2021

Started Oct 1, 2021 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - October 2021

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2021: Sep - Aug - (...) - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2020: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #454 - Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,463
Tree Trimming

I'm surprised to be the first to post for October! Especially since I shot almost nothing in September.

This is my wife, Carol, trimming branches from one of the trees in our back yard. She is a very reluctant subject, so the few shots I have of her over the 55 years we've been together come mostly from candids like this. I took this from inside, through the patio door glass, while she was distracted working in her garden.

V3, CX 70-300.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

PanicProne Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - October 2021

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm still rocking my V1 for everything I shoot. For the vast majority of the last couple of months, my recently acquired FT1 + 50mm/1.8G have been stuck to the front of my V1.

Just wanted to share a couple of picures for this month's thread, edited to personal taste:

Feel free to C&C!

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 3,290
Jerusalem Artichoke flower ( and bee )

- a sunflower of sorts.  The last veg plant to flower in the garden.

Re: Tree Trimming

Great shot - and it reminded me to get our long reach loppers out and sort out our shrubbery.

Really vibrant colours and nice composition.  Great lighting.

Nice photos and you are getting good separation with the 50/1.8. I haven’t tried that lens with a V for some reason but it is obviously a really good tele.

At the risk of being boring - the V1 is a gem of a camera.

RichDitch

rich_cx139 wrote:

Great shot - and it reminded me to get our long reach loppers out and sort out our shrubbery.

Really vibrant colours and nice composition. Great lighting.

Thanks.

It took me a few years into photography to learn that pulling a zoom back from the max focal length could improve a composition!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

RichDitch

PanicProne wrote:

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm still rocking my V1 for everything I shoot. For the vast majority of the last couple of months, my recently acquired FT1 + 50mm/1.8G have been stuck to the front of my V1.

Just wanted to share a couple of picures for this month's thread, edited to personal taste:

Feel free to C&C!

What was the weather like when you took these? There's an interesting hazy feel to them with an unusual color tint.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
A mink

An american mink, an invasive species here in Europe. Cute nevertheless. He just came walking towards me in the same path I was taking, then he jumped to the river.

Re: A mink

Great shot and looking at your Flickr page you certainly are getting the best out of your J5 - some lovely images.

iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: A mink

Thank you! The J5 is certainly a joy  to carry around.

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,102
Derek the pug

trying a 2nd had DX 35mm/1.8 i picked up cheap yesterday, great fun

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more

RichDitch wrote:

PanicProne wrote:

Hey everyone!

Feel free to C&C!

What was the weather like when you took these? There's an interesting hazy feel to them with an unusual color tint.

Hey Rich!

The warmer tint comes from PP in LR. I'm not very good at editing yet, but I try to go for moods (nostalgic in this case.)

Here's an unedited pic from that very same day that perfectly illustrastes the hazy feel you see (you were quite right!)

rich_cx139 wrote:

Nice photos and you are getting good separation with the 50/1.8. I haven’t tried that lens with a V for some reason but it is obviously a really good tele.

At the risk of being boring - the V1 is a gem of a camera.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I wholeheartedly agree! I know that saying this in the N1 forum might sound like a bit of an echo chamber, but if there's any truth to the N1 cameras, and especially with regard to the V1, is that if you spend enough time with them, you come to realize they are so much more than a glorified point-and-shoot (read that somewhere).

As for the 50mm/f1.8 with the FT1, it's a combo that brings me so much joy when I shoot. An EFL of 135 @ 1.8. It gets great separation (even at f/6.3).

Dog

Paperbark Maple ( Acer Griseum )

Looking up into the canopy ( tilting LCD essential )

Pretty much like this all year round - a 35 year old tree we planted.

cobweb attached to it

RichDitch
Re: Paperbark Maple ( Acer Griseum )

Neat stuff. I haven't seen that species of tree in a long time.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Daniel Oh
Daniel Oh Contributing Member • Posts: 588
V2 6.7-13

String Lake Wyoming (if I remember correctly, could be Leigh Lake). V2 6.7-13

In this trip I used mostly 6.7-13 on V2 with rare 70-300 AFP with FT1.

Sadly, the best pictures were with my wife cellphone due to 13 mm Eq lens ultrawide lens and better automatic HDR...

-- hide signature --

Daniel Oh
ps. I truly believe photography as a hobby is defined by the pleasure you get from the activity. It does not matter what equipment or results. I am a hobbyist and a very awful photographer (snapshooter is a better name) but a very happy one.

Daniel Oh's gear list:Daniel Oh's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D7500 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +20 more
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 11,304

RichDitch wrote:

I'm surprised to be the first to post for October! Especially since I shot almost nothing in September.

This is my wife, Carol, trimming branches from one of the trees in our back yard. She is a very reluctant subject, so the few shots I have of her over the 55 years we've been together come mostly from candids like this. I took this from inside, through the patio door glass, while she was distracted working in her garden.

V3, CX 70-300.

Very nice capture of your wife at work. Why do you say "while she was distracted working in hergarden"? Do you each have your own garden? 

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 11,304

PanicProne wrote:

Hey everyone!

Feel free to C&C!

I like them both. What is this building in the first one, Looks like a restaurant, but closed? Where is it?

Nice composition in the second, with excellent subject isolation.

I like the special color in both pictures. Why is it special, I can't say...

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads