Case for iPhone 13 Pro

Any favorites ?

lleider's gear list:lleider's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS M6 II
ANSWER:
kerrygold71
kerrygold71 Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: Case for iPhone 13 Pro

I have the apple - iPhone 13 pro leather case in Sequoia green , I had the apple leather cases before for my iPhone 12 Pro and they are pretty good cases . I do use screen protectors as well -Spigen EZ Fit Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro , they come in packs of 2 and are very easy to fit and no bubbles etc .

But yes I can highly recommend the official apple leather cases but another good brand to use is OtterBox .

-- hide signature --

I am a amateur photographer , so please be kind to me .

kerrygold71's gear list:kerrygold71's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Nikon D3400 Panasonic G85 Canon Pixma MG5350 +8 more
OP lleider Forum Member • Posts: 93

Thanks

Will look at the leather case

L Leider

hangtime Junior Member • Posts: 32

I’m tempted by Peak Design’s new Everyday Case.  I have a lot of their stuff (arguably too much) and it’s all great.

https://www.peakdesign.com/collections/mobile

hangtime's gear list:hangtime's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +4 more

Like Peak Design stuff as well'

Will look at their case.

Thanks

L Leider

jrp Contributing Member • Posts: 659

I always just buy the standard silicon case.  It provides a degree of protection when the phone drops out of my top pocket.  The leather case seems less protective, and I haven't worked out what the MagSafe cases do that the silicon case doesn't.

Perhaps a good idea.

Thanks

L Leider

jaberg
jaberg Senior Member • Posts: 1,337
Smartish Gripzilla

I decided on the Smartish Gripzilla for everyday carry. I’m pleased with it so far. I’ve also purchased a low-cost waterproof case for use while paddleboarding and participating in other water activities. Haven’t received it yet but it appears to be similar to the waterproof case I had for the 12 Pro Max. Not something I’d want for everyday use but more than sufficient for the intended purpose.

jaberg's gear list:jaberg's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-S10 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR +4 more
mhsvz Forum Member • Posts: 68

I purchased the matte clear case below for my 13 Pro Max. It hides fingerprints but lets the color of the phone show through. I currently use one on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and really like it.

Ringke Fusion Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Max Case, Anti-Fingerprint Translucent Hard Frost Back Shockproof Soft TPU Bumper Phone Cover for 6.7-inch (2021) - Matte Clear

mhsvz's gear list:mhsvz's gear list
Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max

Thanks all for your help.

Am going with the Peak Design model.

L Leider

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 17,721
Tried a few, no winners

I am having a hard time finding one I like.  Amazon is probably going to cut me off soon as I keep returning them.

ESR Cloud Soft Case = nice fit and protection, but slippery and lint magnet.  Not bad, though.

Tozo thin case = too slippery and buttons are flush resulting in not being able to find buttons by touch.  Also not much protection (which I was OK with for some uses)

Apple brand expensive Leather case = Outstanding fit and feel, but the bottom corners pop off in my pocket.  Have to continually pop phone back in case.  Worry if I dropped it, the corners would be popped off and not protect phone. Not acceptable on a $60 case.

Spigen Thin Fit = this is the one I kept, but I don't love it.  The camera lip is too tall and a little sharp.  Can be uncomfortable if your fingers rest there (which they will given the monster bump). And it makes it feel thicker in pocket.   And the ridge around the screen is a little uncomfortable.

I have apple care, so given the difficulty find a good case, I am tempted to just go caseless and get it repaired for $29 if I drop it.  The flat sides and back on the 13 pro are not as slippery as the rounded ones from my 11 pro max.   But with that big camera bump, I am afraid to just casually set my phone down on the table without a case.  I tried going caseless for a couple days and it's a bit stressful.

tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 17,721

lleider wrote:

Thanks all for your help.

Am going with the Peak Design model.

L Leider

Looks good, but not shipping for 1-2 months.

Bill Heiser
Bill Heiser Contributing Member • Posts: 551

I have the Otterbox Symmetry Series+ on my 13PM, and their Amplify glass screen protector. The case seems nice - not super grippy, but not too slippery. It feels well made and that it offers a good amount of protection.

I notice the screen protector has a small gap around the edges - this is my first time using a glass screen protector so I'm not sure if this is normal.

Bob A L Veteran Member • Posts: 9,481

You might check out this

onn. MagSafe Compatible Rugged Phone Case for iPhone 13 Pro, Clear

I have it and it seems to be good protection, but a bit bigger than the simpler case I had on my 11. It was just a silicone one piece case. This one is two piece and has some nice features. It's back edge is raised enough that the phone lays flat on its back without lens bump hitting anything and has flexible flap over the charge port which should keep grit away from the receptacle. Not perfect, but seems to be good protection overall, Readily available at Walmart no less.

onn. MagSafe Compatible Rugged Phone Case for iPhone 13 Pro, Clear - Walmart.com

darkknight302
darkknight302 New Member • Posts: 10

I personally like thin case. I like Pitaka in the past but avoid buying it because it wasn't magsafe. This year they finally made a magsafe case and I got one. It's thin and has a nice grip on it but being made of aramid, it is stiff and kinda hard to take off.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09DL5TN78?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

darkknight302's gear list:darkknight302's gear list
Sony a7 IV GoPro Hero7 Black Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2 Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max +1 more

How does this case handle the deeper camera section? I tried one thin case which i prefer, but it didn't make the camera lay flat on a surface and it ended up setting on the camera section and rocky.  The case I have now (see above) has deeper sides which support the phone on a flat surface - the lenses never touch which I really like, but still interested in a smaller overall size if somebody finds one.

Charlene_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,829

I just made my first purchase from Casetify. Their website says the ultra case will protect your phone from a 9.8 ft drop. After it arrived I have to say it feels very sturdy and protective on the phone. The case actually wraps over front edge without impairing the view. I think it was worth the $75 US. I had to upgrade from Xs max as I recently dropped it on front glass twice and got 2 severe cracks otherwise I would have probably held off until the 14 came out or I was forced to gave a 5G phone.

-- hide signature --

Charlene Ahrens
charahrens.smugmug.com

Charlene_S's gear list:Charlene_S's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
pjglad Regular Member • Posts: 261

Photo & link would be great. Thanks.

onn. MagSafe Compatible Rugged Phone Case for iPhone 13 Pro, Clear - Walmart.com

From post above as noted in follow up.  Suppose I should have copied it here too.

Does the phone lay flat on its back or just supported by the camera bump? Also pretty costly for only 9.8ft stated protection. The Onn one I have is supposedly tested to 15', but it seems possibly bulkier than this one which I would like for it to be smaller in the hand as I have small hands.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads