CANON EOS D60

Started 3 months ago | Questions
Rdesilva New Member • Posts: 1
CANON EOS D60

I wonder if someone could post an image of the download cable for a D60 showing the shape of end that fits the camera receptacle. I need to buy the correct cable. Thx.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
KEG
KEG Veteran Member • Posts: 3,604
Re: CANON EOS D60

Rdesilva wrote:

I wonder if someone could post an image of the download cable for a D60 showing the shape of end that fits the camera receptacle. I need to buy the correct cable. Thx.

I would try the 10D...90D forum.

Do you mean 60D or the ancient D60 from 2001?

if it is 60D then I would guess either USB mini or micro USB, the latter being more likely.

for D60, I wouldn't count on it even being USB.

And as s general catch it all answer:

just buy a high quality card reader.

-- hide signature --

KEG

KEG's gear list:KEG's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 +17 more
KEG
KEG Veteran Member • Posts: 3,604

KEG wrote:

Rdesilva wrote:

I would try the 10D...90D forum.

Do you mean 60D or the ancient D60 from 2001?

if it is 60D then I would guess either USB mini or micro USB, the latter being more likely.

for D60, I wouldn't count on it even being USB.

the cable looks like a custom job, I think the same one was used for powershot G2.

And as s general catch it all answer:

just buy a high quality card reader.

-- hide signature --

KEG

-- hide signature --

KEG

KEG's gear list:KEG's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 +17 more
Max@Home
Max@Home Veteran Member • Posts: 3,747

Rdesilva wrote:

Check the review on DPReview, page 6:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneosd60/6

You'l need

The contents of the retail box (full kit) are:

• USB cable (IFC-200 PCU)
  • Video cable (VC-100)

...€0.02...

kindest regards!

Max@Home

-- hide signature --

Max@Home - Castricum - The Netherlands (see profile for equipment)
www.pbase.com/max_at_home (mind you, use underscores!)

Max@Home's gear list:Max@Home's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon G1 X II Canon G3 X Canon EOS 20D +11 more
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,425

Rdesilva wrote:

Forget about the cable.   Just get a card reader instead.  It will most likely be cheaper than what is certainly an outdated, and therefore hard to find cable.  It will also be faster than downloading from the camera.

Kameratrollet Contributing Member • Posts: 637

Bought the cable only for the reason to remove the previous owner's name. Had to use Gphoto2.

rambling robin
rambling robin Contributing Member • Posts: 578

Kameratrollet wrote:

Bought the cable only for the reason to remove the previous owner's name. Had to use Gphoto2.

Please could you explain how you used Gphoto2 to update the previous user's name on the D60?

Thank you.

rambling robin's gear list:rambling robin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D70 Nikon D70s Nikon D80
Kameratrollet Contributing Member • Posts: 637

rambling robin wrote:

Kameratrollet wrote:

Please could you explain how you used Gphoto2 to update the previous user's name on the D60?

Thank you.

Linux user?

https://kameratrollet-se.translate.goog/2019/03/09/byt-upphovsmansnamn-i-din-canon/?_x_tr_sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=nui

rambling robin
rambling robin Contributing Member • Posts: 578

Kameratrollet wrote:

rambling robin wrote:

Kameratrollet wrote:

Thank you.

Linux user?

https://kameratrollet-se.translate.goog/2019/03/09/byt-upphovsmansnamn-i-din-canon/?_x_tr_sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=nui

Yes.

Neat!!!

rambling robin's gear list:rambling robin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D70 Nikon D70s Nikon D80
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads