Canon R5 + Canon adapter + Sigma EX 105mm 1:2.8 macro

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Photooo New Member • Posts: 13

Is there anyone that could use the Sigma with R5:

Is the autofocus and everything else working on the lens?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Stuart Carlton Regular Member • Posts: 152
Re: Canon R5 + Canon adapter + Sigma EX 105mm 1:2.8 macro

Photooo wrote:

Can’t speak to Sigma 105mm macro, but my Sigma 150mm macro works perfectly so I guess the 105 will do too!

OP Photooo New Member • Posts: 13

Mine is just "EX", no "DG" or HSM, it's pretty old. I just tried and it seems the autofocus doesn't work (makes really strange sound and doesn't focus at all, like continuous working of the motor inside). While in manual focus it is OK, and the aperture is working.
But I was curious if there is any way trough settings in the camera to resolve this autofocus problem, or is it incompatibility (I've the lens since 2000, so they are pretty outdated)

Photooo wrote:

Mine is just "EX", no "DG" or HSM, it's pretty old. I just tried and it seems the autofocus doesn't work (makes really strange sound and doesn't focus at all, like continuous working of the motor inside). While in manual focus it is OK, and the aperture is working.
But I was curious if there is any way trough settings in the camera to resolve this autofocus problem, or is it incompatibility (I've the lens since 2000, so they are pretty outdated)

I am no expert on this but, there is a longish list of lenses compatible with the R5. I suspect (although I haven’t checked) your lens is not compatible. As far as I am aware there is no workaround in the camera.

Birdstrike53 New Member • Posts: 24

Photooo wrote:

I have this lens…

Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM

works flawlessly with R5 and Canon adapter.

Just a note; I bought this lens in July 2017 and had to return it to Sigma Uk (twice) who updated firmware initially for 7dii which was underexposing (a known issue) and then a second time when I purchased 6dii. Have had no issues with R5.

Dave

Birdstrike53's gear list:Birdstrike53's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more

Birdstrike53 wrote:

Photooo wrote:

I have this lens…

Just a note; I bought this lens in July 2017 and had to return it to Sigma Uk (twice) who updated firmware initially for 7dii which was underexposing (a known issue) and then a second time when I purchased 6dii. Have had no issues with R5.

Dave

Unfortunately the OP has a much earlier version of this lens which, I think, is not compatible with the R5.

Birdstrike53 New Member • Posts: 24

Stuart Carlton wrote:

Birdstrike53 wrote:

Photooo wrote:

I have this lens…

Dave

Unfortunately the OP has a much earlier version of this lens which, I think, is not compatible with the R5.

Thanks - in which case my reply isn’t any help

Birdstrike53's gear list:Birdstrike53's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads