getting more impressed with the G3X

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
John W H Contributing Member • Posts: 816
getting more impressed with the G3X

An image taken locally. Impressed with the detail this camera produces. Shot in raw and processed in LR to taste.

John

John W H's gear list:John W H's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon G3 X Panasonic S1 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS +3 more
Canon G3 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 5,212
Re: getting more impressed with the G3X

Hello...

Beautiful photograph - thank you for sharing. 

John W H wrote:

An image taken locally. Impressed with the detail this camera produces. Shot in raw and processed in LR to taste.

John

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon PowerShot Zoom Canon EOS 7D Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
KoolKool Regular Member • Posts: 166

Good duck photo, I'm planning to buy a bargain g3x deal by the end of year, would love hear more of your experience

sootyvrs Contributing Member • Posts: 639

Great shot!

Although I don't use my G3X too often, I'm still impressed with the images that come out of this underated gem of a camera.

sootyvrs's gear list:sootyvrs's gear list
Canon G3 X Sony RX100 VI Sigma fp Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Sigma fp L +9 more
OP John W H Contributing Member • Posts: 816

Hi

Bought mine used as a camera to take out on the kayak or on bike rides. Happy with it so far, but giving it a good run out this weekend. I'll report back again after this. Should be more varied images.

John

Fujifilm X100T Canon G3 X Panasonic S1 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS +3 more
Re: getting more impressed with the G3X a few more images

Hi all

Took the G3X on a break at the weekend. Lot of cycling and walking and a few good opportunities for image making.

Here are a few processed to taste. All in the East coast of England around Hunstanton. I wanted to see how the camera handled landscapes swell as the long end stuff. Very pleased with it.

Sunset

Looking across the salt marshes

old groyne

Little Egret

Hunstanton lighthouse at sunset

John

AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 61,750

sootyvrs wrote:

Great shot!

Although I don't use my G3X too often, I'm still impressed with the images that come out of this underated gem of a camera.

It certainly delivers when given the chance . I Feel the reason the G3X is underrated , forgotten or ignored when people are choosing is because it needed to have an EVF built in from the start, the add-on one costs a fortune and blocks up the hotshoe and worst of all , Canon never updated the CPU / AF like they did with the G7X and G5X series .......

It`s a shame they didn`t because I`m sure many would buy a Mk2 if it had an internal EVF and G5X Mk2 performance .

I`d also like one at a bargain price so long as I can find one of the old EVFs cheap enough (the one for the G1X Mk2) , my G7X Mk1 is slow anyway so speed is not an issue

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7

AdamT wrote:

sootyvrs wrote:

Great shot!

It certainly delivers when given the chance . I Feel the reason the G3X is underrated , forgotten or ignored when people are choosing is because it needed to have an EVF built in from the start, the add-on one costs a fortune and blocks up the hotshoe and worst of all , Canon never updated the CPU / AF like they did with the G7X and G5X series .......

It`s a shame they didn`t because I`m sure many would buy a Mk2 if it had an internal EVF and G5X Mk2 performance .

I`d also like one at a bargain price so long as I can find one of the old EVFs cheap enough (the one for the G1X Mk2) , my G7X Mk1 is slow anyway so speed is not an issue

I must agree Adam. I bought a used EVF with the body at quite a good discount. I don't use flash except perhaps once or twice a year so blocking the hotshot isn't an issue for me, but the EVF certainly beats composing on screen.

The AF could be quicker certainly but I've not missed a shot yet because of the cameras limitations, just mine!

John

AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 61,750

John W H wrote:

AdamT wrote:

sootyvrs wrote:

Great shot!

I must agree Adam. I bought a used EVF with the body at quite a good discount. I don't use flash except perhaps once or twice a year so blocking the hotshot isn't an issue for me, but the EVF certainly beats composing on screen.

yeah for stability more than anything else   The lens is a lot better than you’d expect too from the samples I’ve seen so a shame it didn’t get the development the other G-X cams did

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads