European Kingfisher

Started 3 months ago | Photos
Orsonneke
Orsonneke Contributing Member • Posts: 519
European Kingfisher
 Orsonneke's gear list:Orsonneke's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
LesPickstock Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: European Kingfisher

Despite ‘breaking rules’ (eg facing out) I think this is a lovely image (though it suggests it is from a ‘setup’ due to that very clean branch and lighting).

Irrespective I think super

-- hide signature --

LesP

Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,210

Cracking shot!

Since you've asked for critique, there are a few things I'd be tempted to tweak slightly. Firstly it seems slightly oversharpened, so consider dialling the sharpening back a bit. The colour balance feels slightly green tinted, so think about shifting the tint towards magenta a bit. Finally I think I might be tempted to crop a little off the left.

Those are only minor nits though; it's an excellent shot of a very flighty bird - well done

Erwann Loison Contributing Member • Posts: 511

It's a technically really good shot but it somehow bothers me that the bird is in the middle of the frame with the beak "leaking" into the right half. I would have cropped/framed so there is space on the right for the bird to 'look at'. Maybe just habits...

Erwann Loison's gear list:Erwann Loison's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a7R IV Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads