I'm not new, but have a new problem with my Nikon D750.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Jalapeno Sanchez
Jalapeno Sanchez Regular Member • Posts: 135
I'm not new, but have a new problem with my Nikon D750.

For some reason, when I'm shooting (now), the only way my camera (Nikon D750) will fire, is if the focus point, in the view finder, is in focus while in Auto Focus Mode.  When in Manual Focus Mode, there is no problem firing. 
I figure I have hit a button or something that has engaged this function, but it is very annoying and I don't know what I may have hit.
Can anyone help?

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Wahrsager
Wahrsager Senior Member • Posts: 2,751
Re: I'm not new, but have a new problem with my Nikon D750.

Jalapeno Sanchez wrote:

For some reason, when I'm shooting (now), the only way my camera (Nikon D750) will fire, is if the focus point, in the view finder, is in focus while in Auto Focus Mode. When in Manual Focus Mode, there is no problem firing.
I figure I have hit a button or something that has engaged this function, but it is very annoying and I don't know what I may have hit.
Can anyone help?

I think your answer may be on or around page 326 of the U.S. D750 manual:

If that's not the answer, it might be subject distance related.

Wahrsager's gear list:Wahrsager's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +27 more
JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 2,664

Can it also be exposure related?  Where proper exposure is outside the limits of your current settings.

If it’s low light, you’re in S mode, the aperture can’t open any wider, and you’re in a fixed ISO with too high of a shutter speed for example.  In which case the shutter won’t fire and you’re shutter speed might blink or show some kind of warning telling you to slow it down for proper exposure.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +7 more
Jalapeno Sanchez
OP Jalapeno Sanchez Regular Member • Posts: 135

Thank you so much!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads