Shutter remote compatibility (FZ10002)

Started 3 months ago | Questions
moniuch New Member • Posts: 21
Shutter remote compatibility (FZ10002)

Hi,

I am looking to buy a non-Panasonic shutter remote for my FZ10002 (FZ1000 Mark II). Unfortunately, the compatibility listings usually don't explicitly mention Mark II. I was wondering if someone who is more electronic-savvy than myself could guide me as to a general rule I could apply:

- Will a remote for FZ1000 work with FZ10002?

- Is FZ10002 identical to any other model (Panasonic or not) with respect to the remote signal/protocol?

My preference would be a versatile 2-part set which can be used as wired and wireless (receiver mounted to the hotshoe) - recommendations more than welcome.

Thank you,

M.

moniuch's gear list:moniuch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sherman_levine
sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 13,345
Re: Shutter remote compatibility (FZ10002)

moniuch wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to buy a non-Panasonic shutter remote for my FZ10002 (FZ1000 Mark II). Unfortunately, the compatibility listings usually don't explicitly mention Mark II. I was wondering if someone who is more electronic-savvy than myself could guide me as to a general rule I could apply:

- Is FZ10002 identical to any other model (Panasonic or not) with respect to the remote signal/protocol?

My preference would be a versatile 2-part set which can be used as wired and wireless (receiver mounted to the hotshoe) - recommendations more than welcome.

Thank you,

M.

FZ1000ii lists the same wired shutter release as the FZ1000. To my knowledge, that one works all the Panasonic cameras which have remote sockets.

Any of the 2-part sets should work. The camera-specificity is accomplished via the connecting cable.

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Nikon Coolpix P950
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 12,611

The lumix phone app works well .

kkardster
kkardster Forum Pro • Posts: 10,030

sherman_levine wrote:

moniuch wrote:

Hi,

Thank you,

M.

FZ1000ii lists the same wired shutter release as the FZ1000. To my knowledge, that one works all the Panasonic cameras which have remote sockets.

Any of the 2-part sets should work. The camera-specificity is accomplished via the connecting cable.

Most 3rd-party remotes are made for multiple camera makes and usually require a specific set of camera-matching adapter cables. Make sure it's marked for Panasonic or Panasonic/Olympus and you should be OK.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic ZS100 +5 more
OP moniuch New Member • Posts: 21

Based on my experience transferring the images to my phone, I wouldn't trust the connectivity. But maybe I should give it another chance. A mechanical device would feel a bit more comfortable out there in the field though.

moniuch's gear list:moniuch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads