Topping off the tank

Started 10 months ago | Photos
A c M Contributing Member • Posts: 567
Topping off the tank

The Rubies began arriving here about mid August on their migration. I have a variety of native plants they enjoy to go with a few ornamentals and a couple of feeders. I'm not sure how long this particular bird has been visiting my yard but she looks to be in good shape to continue her trip.

A c M's gear list:A c M's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 22,911
Re: Topping off the tank

Excellent shots!

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Mikel10
Mikel10 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,062

Beautiful BIF images. Any EXIF data. Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Mike

Mikel10's gear list:Mikel10's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro Fujifilm GF 250mm F4
OP A c M Contributing Member • Posts: 567

ANAYV wrote:

Excellent shots!

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Thanks.

I was struck by how rotund that bird was!  I have never seen such a heavyset hummer.  She should sufficiently refueled for the next leg of her journey.  I didn't see her today so I suppose she is on her way.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II

Mikel10 wrote:

Beautiful BIF images. Any EXIF data. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mike.   The hummingbirds have become my favorite subject but the photos don't always come out this well.

I'm not sure why the data did not show.  I am relatively new to this hobby and all the technical aspects haven't interested me so far.  I'm sure I'll learn more as I go along.

drj3 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,372

Looks ready for the trip.  My residents left two days ago.  I had 3 migraters come by today, but did not see any that chose to say the night.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +13 more

drj3 wrote:

Looks ready for the trip. My residents left two days ago. I had 3 migraters come by today, but did not see any that chose to say the night.

I keep a wildlife dairy of sorts where I record the dates of what I see.  My earliest record of a hummingbird in my yard was on March 12.  It was a Black-chinned.  This species breeds in my area and they are here until mid August.  We also have Ruby-throats migrating through in the spring and fall.  I find it interesting that the Black chins seem to disappear as soon as the Rubies arrive in fall; almost to that very day.  They do share the same space in spring however. These birds have been a real life-saver during this Covid pandemic.   Their numbers will be diminishing from here on and it will be sad to see them go.

BlueRay2 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,777

this is a beauty!

-- hide signature --

Nature is under no obligation to make sense to us!!!

1Dx4me wrote:

this is a beauty!

Thanks.  They don't all turn out as well as these two but just trying to get a successful shot is half the fun.  The other half is just sitting outside and watching them.

DNSJR
DNSJR Veteran Member • Posts: 6,222

well done! TFS

-- hide signature --

DNSJR

DNSJR's gear list:DNSJR's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony a6300 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +3 more

DNSJR wrote:

well done! TFS

Thank you.  Those two came out nicely and I'm happy with the results.  I will go out and try again this morning.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads