7DIII?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Chuck6345 Regular Member • Posts: 184
7DIII?

Still any reliable info on a possible Canon 7Diii before the 3rd millennium?

Kevin Coppalotti Veteran Member • Posts: 9,553
Re: 7DIII?

hahhahaha......tell him he's dreamin' .....

But yeah, nikon the same, stalled on the D500.

Maybe all the resources are going into full frame atm.

quite a struggle to see who will be left standing.

There is still room for a 7DIII, even if it is mirrorless. 
i'd be on it like a seagull on a chip.

-- hide signature --
Stakeouttoo
Stakeouttoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,271

looks like the only hope for anything close to a 7DMkIII with be a rumored R7 mirrorless.. I'm still waiting--- but  that EVF may still be a deal breaker

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 6DMkII sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s 35mm back in 1967 in RVN

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +11 more
Dave
Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 6,036

Stakeouttoo wrote:

looks like the only hope for anything close to a 7DMkIII with be a rumored R7 mirrorless.. I'm still waiting--- but that EVF may still be a deal breaker

A suitable EVF may be the trigger needed to launch an R7.  Mostly favorable reviews about the R3's EVF, so progress is being made.  I'm waiting and watching.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Stakeouttoo
Stakeouttoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,271

Dave wrote:

Stakeouttoo wrote:

looks like the only hope for anything close to a 7DMkIII with be a rumored R7 mirrorless.. I'm still waiting--- but that EVF may still be a deal breaker

A suitable EVF may be the trigger needed to launch an R7. Mostly favorable reviews about the R3's EVF, so progress is being made. I'm waiting and watching.

that would be nice---hope you're right on that 'better' EVF.. or I'll just stay with my DSLR's which I am still very happy shooting with

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 6DMkII sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s 35mm back in 1967 in RVN

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +11 more
Dave
Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 6,036

Stakeouttoo wrote:

Dave wrote:

Stakeouttoo wrote:

A suitable EVF may be the trigger needed to launch an R7. Mostly favorable reviews about the R3's EVF, so progress is being made. I'm waiting and watching.

that would be nice---hope you're right on that 'better' EVF.. or I'll just stay with my DSLR's which I am still very happy shooting with

As am I.  There's no reason to hurry.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
BlueRay2 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,451

Kevin Coppalotti wrote:

hahhahaha......tell him he's dreamin' .....

But yeah, nikon the same, stalled on the D500.

Maybe all the resources are going into full frame atm.

quite a struggle to see who will be left standing.

There is still room for a 7DIII, even if it is mirrorless.
i'd be on it like a seagull on a chip.

+1

same here

-- hide signature --

Nature is under no obligation to make sense to us!!!

Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 29,028
Let it go...

Chuck6345 wrote:

No.  Canon has made it about as obvious as they can without actually putting out a press release that there will be no more DSLRs developed.  Mirrorless is what they are doing now.  Whether not there will be a Mirrorless APS-C remains to be seen.

GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,666

Chuck6345 wrote:

Not unless the III means mirrorless

GreatWhiteWing's gear list:GreatWhiteWing's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 +2 more

GreatWhiteWing wrote:

Chuck6345 wrote:

Not unless the III means mirrorless

it is not gonna happen, period

-- hide signature --

Tannin Senior Member • Posts: 1,451
Re: Let it go...

Mark B. wrote:

No. Canon has made it about as obvious as they can without actually putting out a press release that there will be no more DSLRs developed. Mirrorless is what they are doing now. Whether not there will be a Mirrorless APS-C remains to be seen.

If this is true, they are mad. Stark, raving mad. SLR lovers are standing around with money in their pockets waiting for things to buy. No 7D III, no 5D V, what were they thinking?

I'm an examp0le. I used to spend a fortune on cameras and lenses. These last few years, I've spent that same money on musical instruments because there aren't any nice  cameras to buy that I haven't already got (yes, I tried an R for a year- it was awful), and only one lens I particularly  fancy (the 400 DO/4 - and I'm reluctant to buy one of those when I Canon won't guarantee production of bodies to suit it for its expected working life). Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from.

Tannin's gear list:Tannin's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +9 more
Mark B.

Tannin wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

No. Canon has made it about as obvious as they can without actually putting out a press release that there will be no more DSLRs developed. Mirrorless is what they are doing now. Whether not there will be a Mirrorless APS-C remains to be seen.

If this is true, they are mad. Stark, raving mad. SLR lovers are standing around with money in their pockets waiting for things to buy. No 7D III, no 5D V, what were they thinking?

They're thinking that DSLRs have gone as far as they can, and there is new technology available.  Same thing happened when DSLRs were new in the early 2000s; to this day there are those that still shoot with film.

I'm still using my 7D II for birding, air shows, etc until there's either an APS-C mirrorless that's comparable or a high mp FF that can be cropped when needed but within my budget.  Right now neither are available, but in the meantime I'm really enjoying my R6 for all other photography.

I'm an examp0le. I used to spend a fortune on cameras and lenses. These last few years, I've spent that same money on musical instruments because there aren't any nice cameras to buy that I haven't already got (yes, I tried an R for a year- it was awful), and only one lens I particularly fancy (the 400 DO/4 - and I'm reluctant to buy one of those when I Canon won't guarantee production of bodies to suit it for its expected working life). Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from.

But there are many more that are spending money on mirrorless tech.  It's just the way it is.  They can't keep one foot in the past while trying to keep up with new developments.

GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,666

Tannin wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

I'm an examp0le. I used to spend a fortune on cameras and lenses. These last few years, I've spent that same money on musical instruments because there aren't any nice cameras to buy that I haven't already got (yes, I tried an R for a year- it was awful), and only one lens I particularly fancy (the 400 DO/4 - and I'm reluctant to buy one of those when I Canon won't guarantee production of bodies to suit it for its expected working life). Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from.

Last I heard or read the "real" camera market is shrinking with cell phones taking a big bite of the market. I also heard Nikon is really struggling in the camera market (non scientific) so companies need to sell what sells and makes a profit. I too loath the death on new DSLR's as I did when film cameras went away.

Photographers will still take great photos regardless of the body and consumers will buy the next new thing.

I am old enough I probably won't have to consider a ML body unless I want one. My 1-1/2 year old 5D4 will probably out last me. May scarf up an EF lens or two along the way.

For my current photography I may consider one for AF performance. I take pictures of little kittens that move around quickly and erratically.

GreatWhiteWing's gear list:GreatWhiteWing's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 +2 more
OP Chuck6345 Regular Member • Posts: 184

Since I am old (81), I really don't need a mirrorless camera. But the enhancments of the R5 are tempting. But $4,000? [Don't even mention the R3!]

JPAlbert Senior Member • Posts: 1,173

Tannin wrote:
"Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from."

Do you still insist on buying a car with a carburetor (instead of fuel injection)? If so, where do you find them?

The day of the "mirrored" camera is just about over.

For the time being, the shutter mechanism remains mechanical, but that, too, is about to change (I sense that the upcoming Canon R1 will be both "mirrorless" and "shutterless").

Canon may release another mirrored Rebel (or two).
But I reckon that the 90d is the last mirrored APSC they market, and the 1DXm3 will be the last full-frame camera they sell.

The R-series APSC "R7" seems to have been delayed by covid-related impacts, but may still be coming.

Assuming it gets built and released, THAT is going to be "the replacement" for the 7Dm2.

Chuck6345 wrote:

Since I am old (81), I really don't need a mirrorless camera. But the enhancments of the R5 are tempting. But $4,000? [Don't even mention the R3!]

i hear ya, i really waited for the R3 and was disappointed when it was announced, only a measly 24mp sensor for $6K. i suppose it is good for the professional. i thought about R5 a lot but somehow i am not too sure about it. al i know is that the next camera i am buying is gonna be the last one (i am 72). i already have 1dmk4, 1Dx and 5DsR.

-- hide signature --

Mark B.

1Dx4me wrote:

Chuck6345 wrote:

i hear ya, i really waited for the R3 and was disappointed when it was announced, only a measly 24mp sensor for $6K.

The 1Dx III retails for $500 more for a "measly" 20mp lol.  But, these cameras aren't about the pixel count.

Mark B. wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

Chuck6345 wrote:

i hear ya, i really waited for the R3 and was disappointed when it was announced, only a measly 24mp sensor for $6K.

The 1Dx III retails for $500 more for a "measly" 20mp lol. But, these cameras aren't about the pixel count.

i totally agree with you, i am sure R3 will fill the needs of a lot of professional. i am sure R3 has some outstanding features but i'll wait till canon unleashes the pixel war i am sure the next iteration of canon cameras will have a high rez sensor, that is what i am waiting for.

-- hide signature --

IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,891
Re: R6

Chuck6345 wrote:

The 7D3 is out there - it's the R6.

APS-C is done. It's over.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +13 more
OP Chuck6345 Regular Member • Posts: 184
Re: R6

Say it isn't so!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads