Things to do with your photos

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
kathiemt
kathiemt Contributing Member • Posts: 857
Things to do with your photos

I shared previously on a couple of bird books I've published where I live. I've just now published the 2022 Dandenong Ranges Calendar. I've been producing this calendar for 11 years now but this is the first calendar with the majority of images (8 out of the 12) that are taken with the P950. This calendar usually sells well as I live in a tourist area and people buy them to send to family and friends in other states and overseas.

It's always worth checking to see what you can do with your photos locally (if looking to make some extra income). You never know what might happen as a result. While I'll never get rich, I'm always happy to make an extra $2-$4,000 a year through my photography. A nice little hobby income.

Wonder what you might be able to do too?

Of the images above, only the train photo was taken with another camera, the others were all with the P950.

kathiemt's gear list:kathiemt's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 21,888
Re: Things to do with your photos

kathiemt wrote:

I shared previously on a couple of bird books I've published where I live. I've just now published the 2022 Dandenong Ranges Calendar. I've been producing this calendar for 11 years now but this is the first calendar with the majority of images (8 out of the 12) that are taken with the P950. This calendar usually sells well as I live in a tourist area and people buy them to send to family and friends in other states and overseas.

It's always worth checking to see what you can do with your photos locally (if looking to make some extra income). You never know what might happen as a result. While I'll never get rich, I'm always happy to make an extra $2-$4,000 a year through my photography. A nice little hobby income.

Wonder what you might be able to do too?

Of the images above, only the train photo was taken with another camera, the others were all with the P950.

Wow. Excellent accomplishment Kathie!

Stay healthy

ANAYV

kathiemt
OP kathiemt Contributing Member • Posts: 857

ANAYV wrote:

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Thanks Anayv, I'd like to encourage all here to think about what they might be able to achieve with their photography. I find my passion gives pleasure to others when I use the photos in this way.

Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR

kathiemt wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Thanks Anayv, I'd like to encourage all here to think about what they might be able to achieve with their photography. I find my passion gives pleasure to others when I use the photos in this way.

Nice. I think it also depends on area.

For instance...I just bought a wildlife calendar..for 2022...sealed in plastic...for $1.00

Maybe idividual images might sell better...or shooting assignments...but thats here in USA.

Good thing for me...its just a hobby to get me outside and walking in nature...otherwise I would starve..lol

ANAYV

kathiemt

ANAYV wrote:

kathiemt wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

Stay healthy

ANAYV

For instance...I just bought a wildlife calendar..for 2022...sealed in plastic...for $1.00

Maybe idividual images might sell better...or shooting assignments...but thats here in USA.

Good thing for me...its just a hobby to get me outside and walking in nature...otherwise I would starve..lol

ANAYV

Seriously? Mine sell for $19.95AUD and probably similar to other calendars here. Yes, there will be cheaper ones, but mine reflect the region and, so far, I'm the only person who does them for this area. I get people asking me to do Bird calendars but I figure there are already quite a few of them, and yes, some for much cheaper. People like to buy regional ones to share with others to show where they live and I also add value by putting in all the local monthly markets and other local events, school holidays, public holidays, etc, etc. Many do buy them and keep them, others buy them and give as Christmas gifts to others. With the calendars I make over $1,000AUD profit each year (sometimes  more) and then with the bird books I published last year and this year, that's added to it too. The bird books have been popular.

kathiemt wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

kathiemt wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

Stay healthy

ANAYV

ANAYV

Seriously?

Yep. No way anyone could sell ( no one would buy) one for 19.95.

Stores.have tons of all types of calendars...way too many.

Glad to hear you can have some income from your photography..and something more personalized.

Cool.to.see how things are different in.various parts of the world we live in.

Thank God I enjoy the work that I been doing since 1984...as a Machinist, for my income. I know plenty of folk who just about hate their day  jobs

Stay healthy

Keep shooting

ANAYV

Mine sell for $19.95AUD and probably similar to other calendars here. Yes, there will be cheaper ones, but mine reflect the region and, so far, I'm the only person who does them for this area. I get people asking me to do Bird calendars but I figure there are already quite a few of them, and yes, some for much cheaper. People like to buy regional ones to share with others to show where they live and I also add value by putting in all the local monthly markets and other local events, school holidays, public holidays, etc, etc. Many do buy them and keep them, others buy them and give as Christmas gifts to others. With the calendars I make over $1,000AUD profit each year (sometimes more) and then with the bird books I published last year and this year, that's added to it too. The bird books have been popular.

kathiemt

ANAYV wrote:

Yep. No way anyone could sell ( no one would buy) one for 19.95.

Stores.have tons of all types of calendars...way too many.

Glad to hear you can have some income from your photography..and something more personalized.

Cool.to.see how things are different in.various parts of the world we live in.

Thank God I enjoy the work that I been doing since 1984...as a Machinist, for my income. I know plenty of folk who just about hate their day jobs

Stay healthy

Keep shooting

ANAYV

Yes, so different in our countries. Amazing too. You are indeed blessed if you're doing work you enjoy - that is great. I too, had that through my own work, as a Virtual Assistant for 27 years - retired from that this year and now happily play with my photography and potter in my garden.

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 12,611

Very nice indeed very nice , I’m actually just prepping for an exhibit in 2 wks and looking forward to it .

I usually sell at least half a dozen images @£45 each which is good.

A lovely 13” by 19” print from my p950

kathiemt

Labe wrote:

Very nice indeed very nice , I’m actually just prepping for an exhibit in 2 wks and looking forward to it .

I usually sell at least half a dozen images @£45 each which is good.

A lovely 13” by 19” print from my p950

Excellent Labe - look forward to hearing how it goes.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads