Resolution of Fujifilm GFX 100S with 32-64mm F4 lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Ponylander
Ponylander Regular Member • Posts: 137
Resolution of Fujifilm GFX 100S with 32-64mm F4 lens

Hello.

I was fortunate to be able to purchase a GFX 100S and 32-64mm F4 lens and have been tremendously pleased with the combination. On a recent trip to Mount Rainier National Park, I took the following image. You can see someone with a white shirt and blue pants standing on the ridgeline to the right of center. Of course, I only noticed that after the fact. I was astounded at this degree of resolution.

This is a downsized version as the original 11,648 x 8,736 pixel JPEG (81.8MB) would not upload:

Here is a closer view of the ridgeline, with the person barely visible about 60% of the way from the left side of the image, standing between two trees.

Here the person is clearly apparent:

I'd be happy to share the original if there is a way to upload somewhat that large.

Peter

Ponylander's gear list:Ponylander's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +1 more
JimKasson
MOD JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 36,016
Re: Resolution of Fujifilm GFX 100S with 32-64mm F4 lens

Ponylander wrote:

I'd be happy to share the original if there is a way to upload somewhat that large.

Increase the JPEG compression  -- decrease the quality -- until it uploads. If you get the file to around 30 or 40 MB, it should u0pload fine.

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II +1 more
Ponylander
OP Ponylander Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: Resolution of Fujifilm GFX 100S with 32-64mm F4 lens

JimKasson wrote:

Ponylander wrote:

Increase the JPEG compression -- decrease the quality -- until it uploads. If you get the file to around 30 or 40 MB, it should u0pload fine.

Thanks! Here is a compressed full-sized JPEG. I am amazed at the resolution. I could not see the person when I took the photo.

Ponylander's gear list:Ponylander's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads