Leica Addict?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Geoff777 Regular Member • Posts: 109
Leica Addict?

This was posted to another forum, and I thought some of you might appreciate it.

https://cosmotographer.com/2020/03/02/leica-camera-addiction/

Clip:

"All because you can no longer see that Leica only designs cameras bodies ergonomic for Lego men. The price of a battery is the cost of a smartphone. The price of a respectable strap worthy of even being on a Leica is also the cost of a smartphone. Logic as you know it, is now dead."  

LensWizard
LensWizard Senior Member • Posts: 1,598
Re: Leica Addict?

very interesting article and can relate somehow..:)

very interesting...--
Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

LensWizard's gear list:LensWizard's gear list
Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) +29 more
LeicaEye
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 6,259

It's a view from high up in the clouds - Say No More.. L

-- hide signature --

Everyday is a Challenge. I Meet It Head On..

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Leica CL +10 more
Foskito
Foskito Contributing Member • Posts: 585

Mmm... as an M8 and M9P owner I do not relate with that guy, I have them because they are enjoyable, not because the "Leica look", "micro-contrast", "red-dot" blah blah blah all that kool-aid BS that many love so much.

They are not more special than my Fuji X-T3, that I also like very much.

Foskito's gear list:Foskito's gear list
Leica M8 Leica M9-P Fujifilm X-T3 Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +8 more
LensWizard

Foskito wrote:

Mmm... as an M8 and M9P owner I do not relate with that guy, I have them because they are enjoyable, not because the "Leica look", "micro-contrast", "red-dot" blah blah blah all that kool-aid BS that many love so much.

Leica has a "CULT FOLLOWING" and that includes me that does not even have a clue on shooting a rangefinder.. Just bought another one this afternoon and could careless...

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) +29 more
LeicaEye
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 6,259

LensWizard wrote:

Foskito wrote:

Leica has a "CULT FOLLOWING" and that includes me that does not even have a clue on shooting a rangefinder.. Just bought another one this afternoon and could careless...

Sorry, we are not a Cult. we just appreciate what Leica brings to market and subsequently satisfies our demands.. L

-- hide signature --

Everyday is a Challenge. I Meet It Head On..

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Leica CL +10 more
LensWizard

LeicaEye wrote:

LensWizard wrote:

Foskito wrote:

Sorry, we are not a Cult. we just appreciate what Leica brings to market and subsequently satisfies our demands.. L

No demands here and still think its a "LEICA CULT" as a snap is a snap no matter where its snapped from... I take better snaps with my iPhone 12Pro max then I do with my Leica as never shot my Leica's yet..:)  But your right..Just giving u a hard time..waiting for my big rig to arrive in the am from Allens Camera..:)

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads