Sony ARW files not opening

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
astevens54
astevens54 Regular Member • Posts: 320
Sony ARW files not opening

I have a Sony A7Riiia, DXO and ACDSee will not open .ARW RAW files. Capture One and Affinity will. I've opened tickets with DXO and ACDSee. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so how did you fix it?

astevens54's gear list:astevens54's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Sony FE 40mm F2.5 G +4 more
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 14,677
Re: Sony ARW files not opening

astevens54 wrote:

I have a Sony A7Riiia, DXO and ACDSee will not open .ARW RAW files. Capture One and Affinity will. I've opened tickets with DXO and ACDSee. Has anyone experienced this problem? If so how did you fix it?

You need a newer version of the software that supports your camera.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
astevens54
OP astevens54 Regular Member • Posts: 320

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

I understand that camera needs to be recognized in the software. DXO and Ultimate 2021 are relatively new. Capture One and Affinity don't really recognize the camera as an ILCE-7RM3A but they will function. Thanks for your input.

Sony a7 III Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Sony FE 40mm F2.5 G +4 more

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

I understand that camera needs to be recognized in the software. DXO and Ultimate 2021 are relatively new. Capture One and Affinity don't really recognize the camera as an ILCE-7RM3A but they will function. Thanks for your input.

I suspect you may need to wait for DxO PhotoLab 5 in about four weeks for your camera to be supported. That will be a billable upgrade, but it might be worth asking DxO for a free upgrade because of the delay in supporting your camera, which shipped in early June.

We have been discussing this issue in another thread, and none of us knows what the exact changes are in the A7R3A compared to the A7R3, apart from the rear screen. If there are no other changes that affect the raw files, it would probably be possible to use a temporary fix of batch editing the exif in copies of your raw files to change the camera name to ILCE-7RM3.

Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
astevens54

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

I suspect you may need to wait for DxO PhotoLab 5 in about four weeks for your camera to be supported. That will be a billable upgrade, but it might be worth asking DxO for a free upgrade because of the delay in supporting your camera, which shipped in early June.

We have been discussing this issue in another thread, and none of us knows what the exact changes are in the A7R3A compared to the A7R3, apart from the rear screen. If there are no other changes that affect the raw files, it would probably be possible to use a temporary fix of batch editing the exif in copies of your raw files to change the camera name to ILCE-7RM3.

I guess it's on me, I bought DXO less than 30 days which is outside DXO's window for a refund. I won't be upgrading DXO since they can't tell me the ILCE-7RM3A will be supported. I'm not going to risk being screwed a second time. ACDSee confirmed their software will.

Phillip Forsten Senior Member • Posts: 1,253

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

I guess it's on me, I bought DXO less than 30 days which is outside DXO's window for a refund. I won't be upgrading DXO since they can't tell me the ILCE-7RM3A will be supported. I'm not going to risk being screwed a second time. ACDSee confirmed their software will.

At the very least press your case. That would be a shame to waste money like that. They may give you the upgrade for free.

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

astevens54 wrote:

I guess it's on me, I bought DXO less than 30 days which is outside DXO's window for a refund. I won't be upgrading DXO since they can't tell me the ILCE-7RM3A will be supported. I'm not going to risk being screwed a second time.

You'll know if PL5 supports your camera. Obviously no point updating if it doesn't.

ACDSee confirmed their software will.

astevens54

ACDSEE 2022 released today, opening RAW files from my A7RM3A is no longer an issue.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads