Canon Pro 100 Printer question

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
PSxpert Regular Member • Posts: 245
Canon Pro 100 Printer question

I just bought a Canon Pro 100 about a week go . I was printing some test prints to see how the printer did with different colors on Canon 4 by 6 Photo Plus Glossy ll paper . I was pretty happy with the print outs until I tried printing a photo I took of a red corvette , one of a old red pickup , and a old red farmall tractor . All three printed with a reddish orange color and not a true red . Yes , I have good Benq monitors which were re-calibrated before printing using a il Display Pro . I used Qimage Ultimate 21 to print out the test photos . Tried different settings for this paper I used . Let printer manage color , icc profile for this paper , and a direct print by right clicking on photo , then clicked print after setting up everything for this paper type .

Has any one run into this problem when printing out photos with what I call true red and then have them print out with a reddish orange color instead, and if so , did you get it figured out and now the red prints out correctly . Please let me know how if you did .

Here I posted the correct red color of the truck , and one I made to look like what printed out instead ... Thanks for any help you can give me to correct this problem

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jpegman
jpegman Senior Member • Posts: 1,394
Re: Canon Pro 100 Printer question

This was a deficiency found in the OEM Canon inks by Precision Color inks maker Mike Lee and corrected in his 3rd party Signature Edition inks with a new ink set.

It's reported that Canon corrected it in the current modified ink set  for their new Canon 200 printer.

Check out Canon 100 vs 200 or Precision Colors  web site.

-- hide signature --

Epson P800

jpegman's gear list:jpegman's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +3 more
OP PSxpert Regular Member • Posts: 245
Re: Canon Pro 100 Printer question

Thanks a lot . I have seen videos on Yoututbe where Jose F Rodriguez - AKA Jtoolman talks about using Precision inks . I will have to investigate into this problem with the older ink of canon which this printer maybe has since it ia about 2 1/2 years old and the box was never opened and the printer was never used ...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads