help with these "shadows"

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Olhos de Anjo New Member • Posts: 5
help with these "shadows"

recovering a lot of old pictures, I noticed that one folder has duplicate pictures of a travel.

strange, because I used the smartphone. anyway, I see that some pictures are darker than his clones and others have a sort of shadows next to horizon. I thought that it would be trees in a more defined picture, but I am not sure.

Can anyone identify these differences and the motive? I uploaded two pairs. I want maintain the most natural versions. But I am uncertain about what erase.

I removed my ugly face .

FrancoD Forum Pro • Posts: 16,280
Re: help with these "shadows"

I think that those shadows are caused by the HDR on your phone because of your movement on the different frames.

alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,498

Agreed with FrancoD's opinion.

I would also think those "shadow" of darker images should actually be there. For those brighter image, the higher exposure had overblown them. Same concept of missing clouds on over exposure sky...

Not sure why your phone would take >1 image on the same shot. If for auto HDR, you should have the output only...

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please forgive my typo error.
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +11 more
OP Olhos de Anjo New Member • Posts: 5

hi, thank you for the clarification. I read that article https://expertphotography.com/hdr-photography-tips-improve-photography/ to understand more.

alceld, I decided to erase the darker images. Really, they have more definition, and details that "exist".        But seeing other pictures, something doesn't seem right.

The clouds are more outllined, even more impressive, like a painting. The green is so sharp as I had used a binocular.

But it is not real. It's not what the eyes see and I know the region.

Honestly, I didn't feel fondness by the HDR.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads