Teton Sunrise, Grand Teton NP: Blacktail Ponds Overlook

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Blind Bill
Blind Bill Senior Member • Posts: 1,263
Teton Sunrise, Grand Teton NP: Blacktail Ponds Overlook

Most of my images taken during our visit last week have a magenta cast to them which I attribute to the smoke from fires west of GTNP. I've left the overall effect in place as it was received. Feel free to offer constructive comments. Thanks for looking!

Blind Bill's gear list:Blind Bill's gear list
Sony a7R III Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Milvus 15mm F2.8 Zeiss Milvus 50mm F2 Macro +4 more
biff56
biff56 Contributing Member • Posts: 664
Re: Teton Sunrise, Grand Teton NP: Blacktail Ponds Overlook

Even with the smoky haze the Tetons are hard to photograph badly! I just love that area. Thanks for sharing Bill. Greg in Colorado

NikonNature Veteran Member • Posts: 4,725

Nicely done. I like the fence in the foreground with the brush on either side. It makes a natural frame, as if we walked up to view the mountains.

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
bathgate
bathgate Senior Member • Posts: 2,775

Nice shot.  Good use of the fence.

I've been there a few times at this time of year and it has always been smoky.  It seems like there's always a fire somewhere in CA, OR or right in WY by fall and smoke always seems to find its way to that valley.

bathgate's gear list:bathgate's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
Blind Bill
OP Blind Bill Senior Member • Posts: 1,263

bathgate wrote:

Nice shot. Good use of the fence.

I've been there a few times at this time of year and it has always been smoky. It seems like there's always a fire somewhere in CA, OR or right in WY by fall and smoke always seems to find its way to that valley.

Thank you for your comments.

Here's the link to the smoke map website that I use often.

https://fire.airnow.gov

During our trip the heavy smoke layers rolled right over GTNP while Yellowstone had lighter smoke. Tonight, according to the map the heaviest smoke is far south in AZ so GT should be clear. Good resource.

Al

Blind Bill's gear list:Blind Bill's gear list
Sony a7R III Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Milvus 15mm F2.8 Zeiss Milvus 50mm F2 Macro +4 more
Dr Hal Senior Member • Posts: 2,029

Very nice.

Hal

Dr Hal's gear list:Dr Hal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EOS M6 II Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +3 more
bathgate
bathgate Senior Member • Posts: 2,775

Blind Bill wrote:

bathgate wrote:

Nice shot. Good use of the fence.

I've been there a few times at this time of year and it has always been smoky. It seems like there's always a fire somewhere in CA, OR or right in WY by fall and smoke always seems to find its way to that valley.

Thank you for your comments.

Here's the link to the smoke map website that I use often.

https://fire.airnow.gov

During our trip the heavy smoke layers rolled right over GTNP while Yellowstone had lighter smoke. Tonight, according to the map the heaviest smoke is far south in AZ so GT should be clear. Good resource.

Al

Thanks for the link.  It really does look like a good resource.

bathgate's gear list:bathgate's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
1Dx4me
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 12,382

looks very nice, Bill.

-- hide signature --

Nature is under no obligation to make sense to us!!!

mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 5,534

Great image, you nailed it with the use of the fence and that light on the mountain peaks

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads