Laci55
Laci55 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,664
Re: Birds, dogs, moon.

THX for the answer!

-- hide signature --

'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...' Kipling
www.imaginestudio.se

Laci55's gear list:Laci55's gear list
Canon EOS R Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm GFX 100S +20 more
Laci55
Castle ruin in the late afternoon light.

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

Canon EOS R Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm GFX 100S +20 more
Erik Kaffehr
Erik Kaffehr Veteran Member • Posts: 6,774
Re: Castle ruin in the late afternoon light.

Laci55 wrote:

Nice, really nice!

Erik

-- hide signature --

Erik Kaffehr
Magic uses to disappear in controlled experiments…
Gallery: http://echophoto.smugmug.com
Articles: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.php/photoarticles

Laci55

Thank You so much Erik! Hand hold shot with the FE 200-600. What a zoom lens it is... The quality of the original file is amazing... I am learning to use the A 1, so my MF gear is just resting now... I got the A1 for my sport photography but I am using it more and more for almost everything. Have a nice day!

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

yodog
yodog Senior Member • Posts: 1,908
Caldor Fire Moon

This was moonrise just a couple of days ago. That is the actual color that I saw. We live at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills and this is looking east across the burn scar of the Caldor Fire, which is still seeing pockets of fire and enough smoke to create an orange moon.

The moon itself was pretty dim so I bumped up the ISO to 10,000 on the A7iii to get a halfway decent shutter speed. This was taken handheld with the 200-600mm Sony zoom telephoto lens wide open at 1/200s. I preprocessed the raw image through DXO PureRAW software before importing into Photoshop to basically just increase exposure slightly and crop.

Mike

-- hide signature --

You can't buy love, but you can rescue it.

yodog's gear list:yodog's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony a7R IVA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +7 more
Puppy2007 Contributing Member • Posts: 676
Indian summer has come

Indian summer in Prague, Stromovka park

Taken at F22 to get the sunstars. Yes, A7C sensor is a dust magnet, you can see it in the blue sky

Puppy2007's gear list:Puppy2007's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7C Samyang AF 85mm F1.4 FE Tamron 24mm F2.8 Di III OSD Sony FE 20mm F1.8G +4 more
AJ Kloza
AJ Kloza Regular Member • Posts: 109
Fall at the Jersey shore

a7R2 and 12-24 F4

AJ Kloza's gear list:AJ Kloza's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R II Canon EOS R5 Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
charlyee
charlyee Regular Member • Posts: 127
Warblers migrating through.

Cape May Warbler

Palm Warbler

charlyee's gear list:charlyee's gear list
Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS +2 more
Erik Kaffehr
Erik Kaffehr Veteran Member • Posts: 6,774

Laci55 wrote:

Thank You so much Erik! Hand hold shot with the FE 200-600. What a zoom lens it is... The quality of the original file is amazing... I am learning to use the A 1, so my MF gear is just resting now... I got the A1 for my sport photography but I am using it more and more for almost everything. Have a nice day!

Hi Laci,

I also have that lens.

Shot on a recent trip to Norway

Shot in Nyköping

For me, buying that lens was a difficult decision. Considered at least a dozen alternatives.

Best regards

Erik

-- hide signature --

Erik Kaffehr
Magic uses to disappear in controlled experiments…
Gallery: http://echophoto.smugmug.com
Articles: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.php/photoarticles

Laci55

Hi Erik! Congrats for a fantastic lens and for the very good decision You made! These pictures are the witnesses of the good decision...lol... For me it was very easy to decide because I needed a long lens for my football photography. All my long Canon lenses were sold out and the ordered FE 600 4,0 were still nowhere... I have a hard time to understand why is it so difficult to get that expensive lens? I do not think Sony is selling several lenses in a day of that...lol... Anyhow I hope that the 600 will arrive before the football season is over... Until then I will use the 200-600... Tomorrow will be the "premiere" match for that lens... Have a nice coming weekend!

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

Derek Dean
Derek Dean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,159

Hi Laci,

I also have that lens.

Shot on a recent trip to Norway

Best regards

Erik

There are few times I can use the word juxtaposition without sounding to artsy, but wow, the juxtaposition of these two elements, the teeny tiny building against that unfathomably massive mountain, is quite startling and humbling. Nicely seen, captured, and presented.

Derek Dean's gear list:Derek Dean's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
win10-64 Contributing Member • Posts: 535
A cloudy day in the park.

-- hide signature --

For every house is builded by some man; but He that built all things is God. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Laci55
Re: A cloudy day in the park.

Very nice captures! I love that combo!

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 3,026
Re: Fall at the Jersey shore

AJ Kloza wrote:

a7R2 and 12-24 F4

The sky and clouds are beautifully captured.  Very natural and well composed image.  Well done.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +19 more
MicahSYL
Re: Sunset on the pond

John Borrelli wrote:

This image was made using my NiSi polarizer and GND filter. All the best, john

Excellent work with your filters and gears.  Right timing too for the shot.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +19 more
Laci55

Beautiful!

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

Laci55
Some pictures from this morning

These pictures were made for the instagram this is why they are in square from and has very low resolution...

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

John Borrelli
John Borrelli Senior Member • Posts: 1,195

Thank you Laci55 and MicahSYL for the generous comments, All the best, john

MicahSYL
Re: Some pictures from this morning

Laci55 wrote:

These pictures were made for the instagram this is why they are in square from and has very low resolution...

The lighting is excellent, giving the focus and color contrast of the flowers.  Very nice composition.  The action shot is great, thanks to the high burst rate I guess from the A1.  Very nice effort.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Laci55
Re: Some pictures from this morning

Thank You so much for the very kind comment! Yes, the A 1 is my "favourite" camera at this moment. The file quality the AF and the fram rate are the best thinkable ones...lol... I am always surprised too to see how good this zoom lens is... Have a wonderful day!

-- hide signature --

www.imaginestudio.se

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads