DSC-T2 redux

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Brian Chichester
Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 698
DSC-T2 redux

I found one in a charity shop (=thrift shop) for a couple of pounds, managed to charge the battery and everything works perfectly.

Street sculpture

St John's chapel interior

I guess these tiny cameras were killed off by the smartphone, but I think the T2 has lots of character and is fun to use (also literally pocket-sized).

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sony a6000 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rambow Senior Member • Posts: 1,722
Re: DSC-T2 redux

The T2 was special(along with the N variant) in the line up as it also had some multimedia features, maybe OP can tell us more about it's design(size in hand) and operation. I hear these cameras has 4 gb of internal memory, for example?

Rambow's gear list:Rambow's gear list
Sony Mavica FD-71
Timcorc Forum Member • Posts: 64

As usual…. Sony continues to sell these 2008 cameras ($270 on Amazon). Go figure.

Brian Chichester
OP Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 698

Rambow, thank you for your interest.

Bearing in mind this is a 2007 camera, the basic specs are not extraordinary. There is a 1/2.5" sensor, 8MP, ISO 80-3200. The lens is a Vario-Tessar, 6.3-19mm, f3.5-4.3. Unusual for the time, it has 4GB onboard memory, so no memory card is necessary.

The external design is where it gets interesting.

The T2 alongside my A6000, which is not a huge camera.

Front, back and sides with the T2 switched on.

The lens is non-extending and is exposed by sliding down almost the whole front panel. There are very few external controls and almost the whole back panel is a 2.7" touch screen.

Dimensions are 87x57x20 mm (roughly the same dimensions as a credit card, apart from the thickness), so it's really pocket-sized.

Because of the unusual layout, you have to be aware not to get your finger in front of the lens (though you will spot it in the viewfinder!).

The lens zooms in to a FF equivalent 114 mm, so it's not bad for candid portraits. It's a lot of fun to use, though to be brutally pragmatic, it's thoroughly trounced by my Pixel 3 for image quality, and the Pixel does a few other useful things as well.

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sony a6000 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads