Calibration problems with Navigator 7 and Windows 10 Pro update 1903

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Natural Mysteries
Natural Mysteries Forum Member • Posts: 96
Calibration problems with Navigator 7 and Windows 10 Pro update 1903

Without any warning, I can't get the saturation tool in Photoshop to be red, but pink.

Everywhere there was red, is now pink.

Here's the equipment:  Eizo  cs2420 monitor.

Windows 10 pro;

printer:  Canon 17"  Pro 1000.

Eizo has Navigator 7 as it's software to calibrate with , but the newest update doesn't like Spyder X nor i1Studio calibrators.

Navigator says that Windows pro 10 doesn't allow it to calibrate because of an update, 1903.  They claimed that they have a pacht to fix the conflict..but I could only find a patch for a Mac not a PC.

I am so frustrated.

Here is what I typed in as basic data:  Adobe 1998; gamma 1.8; CD of 80 rather than 120.

but that doesn't deal with the loss of red, replaced by pink.

What do you suggest I do:  An Eizo CS 2420;  Windows Pro 10;  Canon 17" wide Pro 1000.

How do I deal with the pink that has replaced everything red?

I wonder:  what if I reset the Eizo factory defaults for RGB 1998.  .  
John with the floppy hat

Natural Mysteries's gear list:Natural Mysteries's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +6 more
cnyphotoguy Regular Member • Posts: 419
Win10 1903 is EOL
 cnyphotoguy's gear list:cnyphotoguy's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS 90D Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +8 more
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 3,102
Re: Calibration problems with Navigator 7 and Windows 10 Pro update 1903

https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/db/products/software/search?k=colornavigator

After you update , watch this guy closely for advice and instruction on settings, he will explain how black point and contrast etc go towards aiding you with soft proofing you images.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Charles2
Charles2 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,623

Natural Mysteries wrote:

Navigator says that Windows pro 10 doesn't allow it to calibrate because of an update, 1903. They claimed that they have a pacht to fix the conflict..but I could only find a patch for a Mac not a PC.

When you launch the Navigator program (not just a function from its icon on the taskbar), isn't there a button to check for updates?

Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 7,204
Any particular reason for sticking with 1903?

cnyphotoguy wrote:

Windows 10, version 1903 end of service - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Docs

As pointed out, 1903 is an obsolete version of Windows 10, no longer supported by Microsoft.  Is it by choice that you haven't updated, or has Windows not offered to update your machine to a newer version, maybe because your system is old and not supported on current W10?

In general, a good place to start with software problems is to update everything to the latest version, to benefit from bug fixes, unless you have reason to think that will cause problems.

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Natural Mysteries
OP Natural Mysteries Forum Member • Posts: 96

I will look

-- hide signature --

John with the floppy hat

Natural Mysteries's gear list:Natural Mysteries's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads