A6400 My Dial

Started 3 months ago | Questions
AngelusHD Regular Member • Posts: 298
A6400 My Dial

I’ve been wondering but could not find such an option for My Dial, i found it an interesting feature but somehow it’s crippled.

On my A7III i have the back dial setup to change my ISO because i have a dedicated dial for aperture and shutter.

In the A6400 you can setup My Dial, for manual video i dont need to change my shutter speed so i programed the 3 memory (MR) to my liking…. SS: 24, 30, 120. So i thought great! Let’s assign my back dial (default to change shutter) to change to ISO when shooting in these modes.

Turn out you have to assign a custom button to activate it and does not store it in one of the memory settings. By changing the mode dial it changes back to it’s default setting, which is fine but pressing a custom button every time i need it.. makes my workflow not any better.

For photography i want the default setting but for manual video the rear dial becomes pointless, So i thought My Dial would be great 😊

Just wanted to point this out, and I probably use this feature wrong, but maybe someone knows a workaround

AngelusHD's gear list:AngelusHD's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot A640 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JustinPhotos New Member • Posts: 1
Re: A6400 My Dial

Yeah I'm curious about this, too. In aperture mode, both the back dial and top right dial adjust aperture but I was hoping to set them to different things. Setting trash can custom button to cycle between custom settings works alright but seems weird that you can't change the default settings.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads