:-)) Sunday Cat! #726 September 12, 2021 ((-:

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
rodriguezPhoto
rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,637
:-)) Sunday Cat! #726 September 12, 2021 ((-:

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat! thread, brought to you every week, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK first started the thread on 23rd September, 2007. Management of the thread over the years has been turned over successively to John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J again (with an assist by StanTsui) and since September 2016, long time lurker, me.

Clear-eyed Kitty of the Week!

Max, whose cool look reminds one of a song.  

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us. Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera." Or any era, digital, film, even phones or tablets!

Posting time for the thread is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, I may sometimes start the thread earlier, later, or even on time (!) to accommodate my schedule. If I am late, feel free to grab the reins and start the next thread. A PM letting me know that you have would be appreciated.

Last week's purrs, #725

Last week we saw kitties in a number of modes, boxed, hanging, lap, and even reclining!  I wonder what they'll do this week.  

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

Though small in size, the imprint they make on our lives is huge.

rodriguezPhoto's gear list:rodriguezPhoto's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +49 more
rodriguezPhoto
OP rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,637
Another boxed kitty

Mr. Me likes to spend quality nap time at Fort Mee. 

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

WhyNot
WhyNot Forum Pro • Posts: 10,788
Top Cat

One more from our cat sitting which has ended ....

WhyNot

BobSF Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: :-)) Sunday Cat! #726 September 12, 2021 ((-:

This was taken the day we moved out of our apartment. All the boxes were gone and we had finished cleaning and were getting ready to head out. Poor Jasper and Leo were not sure what was happening,

But it all worked out for the best. They are indoor kitties, but now they have a front porch where they like to sit and watch the world go by, and a big back yard to run around in.

Sweet Jasper.

Dear Leo.

This is Max, a stray that was roaming around our new neighborhood.  We started feeding him and he has been coming for his breakfast every morning and his dinner every night for a couple of months.  We don't think he is feral, but will find out soon.  We borrowed a trap from an animal rescue and the plan is to trap him tomorrow morning and take him to the vet for tests, shots, and neutering.  Depending on how he reacts and the results of his medical tests, we will keep him.

OLEF641 Regular Member • Posts: 133

If, God forbid, he comes up positive for FIV, don't rule him out as an addition to your family just on that basis. As long as he doesn't get into fights with Jasper and Leo, he shouldn't pass the disease on to them. And, I have known several FIV+ kitties who are (or were) perfectly healthy kitties, including one of my own who has it.  And, if you decide it just is not appropriate to bring him in, I'm sure he could be happy as a totally outdoors member of your family.

BobSF Forum Member • Posts: 68

Thanks - we’ve grown fond of him (he hasn’t let us touch him, but he runs towards me now when he sees me, instead of running away), and have every intention of keeping him. He is used to being outside, so he may become an indoor/outdoor cat. But we are not going to abandon the little guy, no matter what.

OLEF641 Regular Member • Posts: 133

My younger kitty was walked away from at the vet when she was a tiny kitten, abandoned because she appeared to be FIV positive.  Turns out, it was residual antibodies from her mother.  I'm sad that she was abandoned, but glad she came to live with me.

So, you can see, with my older cat living a perfectly happy and healthy life despite being positive, and the "baby" (she's 2 1/2 now) being abandoned, how I've become something of an advocate for FIV positive cats.

I'm glad for Max that you've come into his life, whatever his situation.

rodriguezPhoto
Re: Top Cat

Max really has that wild cat look about himself.  And those paws look big and powerful!  If I was a mouse I would be very, very afraid.  

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Veteran Member • Posts: 3,621
mousing

We've had some better weather and a good harvest of mice and rats delivered by our furry friends. Some dead, some living...

Patch knows there's something there

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
rodriguezPhoto
Re: mousing

Definitely an alert kitty using all the available senses to find her prey.  The 100-400 lens with MC-14 is clearly doing its job very well too.  

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto

That's definitely something of a worried look in that first one (Leo in front?)  But they seem to be enjoying the reward of a new home with a view, and a backyard too.  

It looks like life has been pretty rough for Max.  I hope he turns out to be healthy despite the obvious wear.  Palmer wasn't a stray but he was abandoned by the neighbors when they left and so he moved into my yard one winter.   He was in pretty rough shape too but good food turned him around.   He turned out to be very good natured and friendly.  I've had him for 12 years now.  

Palmer, sun worshiping in his back yard.

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads