Vivo X70 Line announced

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Panino Manino
Panino Manino Contributing Member • Posts: 512
Vivo X70 Line announced

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7947692462/vivo-announces-global-launch-x70-pro-photo-powerhouse-qi-charging-improved-cameras

there are plenty of other chinese reviews on youtube that go on some detail

I was expecting that Vivo would fix the subpar video from the previous line, but they far surpassed my expectations. They even added Log and Stacked RAW that people here love so much from GCam mods.

These partnerships with lens makers is deepening. In this case Vivo receives from Zeiss tips for the lenses, their coating to reduce reflections, the bokeh simulations that try to copy the look of classic lenses are now 4 and from what I understood there's a "Zeiss" colors that switches the color processing from Vivo to another one that mode pleases Zeiss.

Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Drzewoid Contributing Member • Posts: 637
Re: Vivo X70 Line announced

Great phone, i'm waiting for samples. Finally it has crucial for me IP68. In my opinion photos from base version of X60 are better than Plus model. I hope it will change and new X70 PRO Plus will be very interesting phone.

d altman
d altman Contributing Member • Posts: 517

i had an x60 pro plus but ended up selling it. the camera system was impressive but the overall experience was disappointing. i didn’t like the feel of the screen with the factory installed film screen protector. due to the under display fingerprint reader, i think that’s all you can get. and since i am in the US and the phone wasn’t intended for use here, there was a lot of Chinese apps and messages that i couldn’t delete or understand. like on most US based android phones, when you swipe right from  the home screen you get Google news articles. on the x60 pro plus all i could get was Chinese news. also, i could not get reliable push notifications. like from all apps. so i wouldn’t know when i got a text message, or my ring cameras triggered. i had to enable developer mode and use some techniques i got from xda developers to disable some vivo battery saving features and it still wasn’t reliable.

d altman's gear list:d altman's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Sony ZV-1 Sony a9 Sigma fp Sony a7C +8 more
Panino Manino
OP Panino Manino Contributing Member • Posts: 512

d altman wrote:

i had an x60 pro plus but ended up selling it. the camera system was impressive but the overall experience was disappointing. i didn’t like the feel of the screen with the factory installed film screen protector. due to the under display fingerprint reader, i think that’s all you can get. and since i am in the US and the phone wasn’t intended for use here, there was a lot of Chinese apps and messages that i couldn’t delete or understand. like on most US based android phones, when you swipe right from the home screen you get Google news articles. on the x60 pro plus all i could get was Chinese news. also, i could not get reliable push notifications. like from all apps. so i wouldn’t know when i got a text message, or my ring cameras triggered. i had to enable developer mode and use some techniques i got from xda developers to disable some vivo battery saving features and it still wasn’t reliable.

It's missing the Plus improvements, but if camera quality is your main interest than the Pro model may be the killer model. Quality was visible improved (maybe because of that V1 chip?).

Remember, none of these phones are a Pixel with pure Android, and many problems like not being able to uninstall things that came with the phone are a problem that Android had since the beginning and will always have (you also can't uninstall Apple's things on iOS), you can disable or try to root to remove.

Panino Manino

Looks like the Pro (non plus) model will be the one with the best main camera.

Again, the aperture it's too bright on the plus model. Having so good exposure and low light algorithms it wasn't really necessary, the only thing that does it's make the details a bit blurred.
The Pro model have a smaller lower megapixel ultra-wide sensor but it's good enough. The main camera receiving the gimbal compensates for this.

If anyone it's interested go with the Pro model, it'll be "better" and it's also cheaper.

dazed1 Forum Member • Posts: 63

Panino Manino wrote:

Looks like the Pro (non plus) model will be the one with the best main camera.

Again, the aperture it's too bright on the plus model. Having so good exposure and low light algorithms it wasn't really necessary, the only thing that does it's make the details a bit blurred.
The Pro model have a smaller lower megapixel ultra-wide sensor but it's good enough. The main camera receiving the gimbal compensates for this.

If anyone it's interested go with the Pro model, it'll be "better" and it's also cheaper.

Why bother? Pixel with the same sensor and similar price out soon

Next photos from plus version https://www.flickr.com/photos/193457269@N07/albums/72157719929259138

Overall it looks very good for me expect 5x zoom camera, which could be better

Panino Manino

Panino Manino wrote:

I WAS WRONG!(?)
Just now I discovered that the Internal version uses a different SoC (Dimensity 1200 instead of Exynos 1080) without the V1 chip and also does not have the Zeiss Color Profile.
A shame.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads