Warning - JJC UV Filter

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Mimsy89 Junior Member • Posts: 26
Warning - JJC UV Filter

Heads up to anyone who tries to take the JJC UV filter off the GR iii. I started to peel it off as advised by JJC and it has ripped the front of the lens off!

Any recommendation for repairs in the uk?

Mimsy89's gear list:Mimsy89's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +2 more
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
miles500
miles500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,165
Re: Warning - JJC UV Filter

Ricoh website gives - it might be worth giving them a call

John Pye Ltd (Service & Repairs)

39-40 Marchington Industrial Estate

Stubby Lane

Uttoxeter

ST14 8LP

Phone: 01283 384409

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
OP Mimsy89 Junior Member • Posts: 26

Thanks I've contacted them. Looking like it's gonna be an expensive repair

Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +2 more
changeful23 New Member • Posts: 1

Hi, I've run in the same problem.. dumb

me I didnt think to use hot air ,  can you tell me around what $ they said the fix will cost, thank you

OP Mimsy89 Junior Member • Posts: 26

changeful23 wrote:

Hi, I've run in the same problem.. dumb

me I didnt think to use hot air , can you tell me around what $ they said the fix will cost, thank you

I've not got an exact price yet. They just said expensive and likely to need to go to ricoh. I'm about to go on holiday (was only going to be taking the ricoh) so I'm going to have to send it when I'm back

telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 686

Mimsy89 wrote:

Heads up to anyone who tries to take the JJC UV filter off the GR iii. I started to peel it off as advised by JJC and it has ripped the front of the lens off!

Any recommendation for repairs in the uk?

I wonder why would you choose JJC over classic approach like mine

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4534308

Stavrosf Regular Member • Posts: 255

I just removed mine, using dental floss, removing it from all sides first (as I have read it to another post). Of course there was gloss from the filter sticker on the lens, that I removed using alcohol.

Currently I am using just the JJC LC-GR3 Metal Lens Cap for protecting the lens, and I also have the GA-1 with a filter on it, in cases that there is a lot of dust, in order to protect the lens elements.

I understand that this is the classic approach that you are referring to (even using the Nisi adapter), but the camera stops being pocketable using the adapter. Of course doing it on demand is a solution.

Stavrosf's gear list:Stavrosf's gear list
Ricoh GR Ricoh GR III Nikon Z6 Nikon Z fc GoPro Hero9 Black +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads