Are these sharp photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Twombly
Twombly Regular Member • Posts: 200
Are these sharp photos?

What do you think, are these photos sharp?

Why do I ask? After some 20 years I've started to shoot film again. And I like the results. So I went on and bought a cheap Rollei Prego Micron AF compact camera. But, honestly, after shooting digital for several years, I have some difficulties judging the IQ of film (negative film, Kodak 200, in this case). What can I expect? And is this sharp for such a smallish camera?

Actually, I think they came out quite sharp, I like them, so, no matter what you say, I'll continue to shoot with these camera But very interested in other views.

By the way: Please ignore that I didn't replace the light seal before I shot the first roll. I'm new to this (or, I'm so old, light seals in film cameras never had to be replaced in the years I used them. Just because they were new then...)

Twombly's gear list:Twombly's gear list
Nikon Z6 Ricoh GR III +4 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 21,350
Re: Are these sharp photos?

They look sharp enough to me.

rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,545

sybersitizen wrote:

They look sharp enough to me.

me too.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
MarginalRug New Member • Posts: 3

An unrelated question: Is that Zürich?

Overrank
Overrank Senior Member • Posts: 3,110

Twombly wrote:

What do you think, are these photos sharp?

Why do I ask? After some 20 years I've started to shoot film again. And I like the results. So I went on and bought a cheap Rollei Prego Micron AF compact camera.

If you’ve not seen it already 35mmc did a review a few years ago https://www.35mmc.com/12/02/2016/ricoh-r1-rollei-prego-micron/

But, honestly, after shooting digital for several years, I have some difficulties judging the IQ of film (negative film, Kodak 200, in this case). What can I expect? And is this sharp for such a smallish camera?

Kodak 200 will be more grainy that others like Ektar.  I’ve taken a bit to loading my P&S with fairly fast (400ASA+) black and white film to accentuate the sharpness

Actually, I think they came out quite sharp, I like them, so, no matter what you say, I'll

^^^ that’s the only bit that matters

continue to shoot with these camera But very interested in other views.

Twombly
OP Twombly Regular Member • Posts: 200

MarginalRug wrote:

An unrelated question: Is that Zürich?

Yes, indeed!

Twombly's gear list:Twombly's gear list
Nikon Z6 Ricoh GR III +4 more
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,488

Sharp centre, soft edges and some serious light leak.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads