06 tele zoom stopped focusing.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
supeyugin1 Contributing Member • Posts: 903
06 tele zoom stopped focusing.

Hi,

My 06 tele zoom stopped focusing both in AF and MF modes. Other lenses work fine. What could be the problem?

supeyugin1's gear list:supeyugin1's gear list
Canon G9 X II Fujifilm XF10 Samsung NX mini Pentax Q-S1 Panasonic G95 +12 more
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,296
Re: 06 tele zoom stopped focusing.

Could it be that the lubricant dried up?

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 +36 more
OP supeyugin1 Contributing Member • Posts: 903

photoholiko wrote:

Could it be that the lubricant dried up?

What kind of lubricant? This is focus by wire system.

PhotoNotFound New Member • Posts: 2

I just came to the forums to look for this... my 06 stopped working this morning. Took it out of the bag, wouldn't auto focus - tried turning the focusing ring, wont manually focus either; simply dead.

There are other posts on the internet, after a quick google search, of this happening to 06s, right back in 2014.

drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,950

The Q lenses are not manufactured any longer, and are getting older every day. And they were not overly robust to start with, being parts of a miniature, almost novelty system in which longevity probably was not the top planning factor.  I don't think repair and parts supply was ever an option, with perhaps the exception of inside Japan.

"Novelty" having been said, I have nonetheless gotten great use and fun from the Q7 and the 06 and 08 lenses. If you want to continue shooting an 06, you should buy one while they still can be found.   Then take the old one apart and repair it yourself if possible to have a backup.
-------------------
"Elegance of operation" -- Pentax
"Heavy for its size" -- DPR

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Leica Q Pentax K-01 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +11 more
OP supeyugin1 Contributing Member • Posts: 903

drummercam wrote:

The Q lenses are not manufactured any longer, and are getting older every day. And they were not overly robust to start with, being parts of a miniature, almost novelty system in which longevity probably was not the top planning factor. I don't think repair and parts supply was ever an option, with perhaps the exception of inside Japan.

"Novelty" having been said, I have nonetheless gotten great use and fun from the Q7 and the 06 and 08 lenses. If you want to continue shooting an 06, you should buy one while they still can be found. Then take the old one apart and repair it yourself if possible to have a backup.
-------------------
"Elegance of operation" -- Pentax
"Heavy for its size" -- DPR

I've bought a new one for $110, previous one I've bought in 2018 for $85, I had one before that, which I've got with Q7 as a part of 2 lens kit, but I replaced it with the second one, because first one accumulated some dust. I sold the first one for more than the price of the second one. Q7 was also replaced by Q-S1.

Used examples of 06 can be had starting from $66 right now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads