IC5068, a not so well know target from a well know area

Started 4 months ago | Photos
Rutgerbus Senior Member • Posts: 2,302
IC5068, a not so well know target from a well know area

IC5068 is not a very often photographed object. This is because it just lies below the much more photgraphed North American nebula and the Pelican Nebula. It is a rich area of gas and dark dust lanes which really shines in Narroband wavelenght of Ha, Oiii and Sii to form the so called Hubble Pallete image.This image took me almost two weeks to finish due to clouds and bad wetter, but still, two weeks is pretty fast for Dutch standards.The image acuisition and mount control was done with ASI Air Pro. The Mount used is an iOptron CEM25P with a William Optics GT71 riding on top with a ZWO 1600MM cool (at max gain 300) and a filterwheel with 7nm narrowband filters.Ha = 69 x 300secOiii = 41 x 300secSii = 56 x 300 secIn total that makes 13h50min integration, time to move on to another target.

Hope you like it Cheers.

-- hide signature --

www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments
A photon only stops "existing" when it is captured by your sensor.

Rutgerbus's gear list:Rutgerbus's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
sharkmelley
sharkmelley Senior Member • Posts: 2,700
Re: IC5068, a not so well know target from a well know area

That's a great result.  I love it!

Mark

sharkmelley's gear list:sharkmelley's gear list
Sony a7S Nikon Z6 +1 more
OP Rutgerbus Senior Member • Posts: 2,302

sharkmelley wrote:

That's a great result. I love it!

Mark

Thanks Mark. Much appreciated

-- hide signature --

www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments

Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Tristimulus Veteran Member • Posts: 8,852

Interesting to see what can be done from your location.

Guess the term 'New Mexico blue skies' is pretty far from your everyday experience of a dutch average sky... 

Michael S.
Michael S. Veteran Member • Posts: 8,697

Rutgerbus wrote:

IC5068 is not a very often photographed object. This is because it just lies below the much more photgraphed North American nebula and the Pelican Nebula. It is a rich area of gas and dark dust lanes which really shines in Narroband wavelenght of Ha, Oiii and Sii to form the so called Hubble Pallete image.This image took me almost two weeks to finish due to clouds and bad wetter, but still, two weeks is pretty fast for Dutch standards.The image acuisition and mount control was done with ASI Air Pro. The Mount used is an iOptron CEM25P with a William Optics GT71 riding on top with a ZWO 1600MM cool (at max gain 300) and a filterwheel with 7nm narrowband filters.Ha = 69 x 300secOiii = 41 x 300secSii = 56 x 300 secIn total that makes 13h50min integration, time to move on to another target.

Hope you like it Cheers.

Hi Rutger!

Lovely image from the  lightpolluted Netherlands.

best regards,

-- hide signature --

Michael S.
EUROPE; dpreview since 2001
(check equipment via profile)

Michael S.'s gear list:Michael S.'s gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon D810A Leica M10-P Leica SL2 +7 more

Michael S. wrote:

Rutgerbus wrote:

Hope you like it Cheers.

Hi Rutger!

Lovely image from the lightpolluted Netherlands.

best regards,

Thank You Michael, Much appriciated

-- hide signature --

www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments

Mystic38 Regular Member • Posts: 237

That's a pretty spectacular image..

Mystic38's gear list:Mystic38's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +2 more
Pogo65 Regular Member • Posts: 376

Hi Rutger,

glad to see you haven’t given up on the hobby during our “beautiful summer”. Very cool shot, I like the colors.

cheers,

Peter

Pogo65 wrote:

Hi Rutger,

glad to see you haven’t given up on the hobby during our “beautiful summer”. Very cool shot, I like the colors.

cheers,

Peter

The Thought had crossed my mind though

-- hide signature --

www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads