A foray into Troy (NY)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 11,179
A foray into Troy (NY)

I live near Troy, NY, and I am very fond of taking architectural photos there, as it is full of old, interesting, buildings. However, even though it's about 10 minutes away, I have not gotten out to shoot anything there since just before Covid hit, which is closing in on two years now.

Today, I was running a couple of errands which routed me back home through Troy, though, so I brought the S5 and walked around town with it this afternoon. It was a gloriously beautiful day, weatherwise (another factor this year that has been uncooperative), so the light was lovely, and the temperature perfect for walking around. And, since it's a holiday, there was nobody out and about, so I didn't have to worry about crowds and contagion.

I even walked a slightly different route than I usually do, so I came across a couple of new (to me) old buildings which I need to find out some history of, as I suspect they were older than their neighbors....

On the way home, I stopped at marsh that sometimes has good bird action, but there were only ducks and geese out today. I did shoot a few of them with the 70-300mm, but realized when I got home that I had accidentally switched the OIS off, so only the higher shutter speed shots were sharp. OOPS. Not the first time I have had that happen on that lens, so I will have to make sure to check it before shooting in future. Fortunately, there were no interesting birds, so no great loss .

All the Troy shots were taken with the 20-60mm. I think it acquitted itself admirably, and it was very nice having the 20mm focal length on the wide end for a couple of shots.

First two shots were taken on the walkway next to the Hudson River, the rest in the middle of town.

Looking north. The building is a former textile factory which is now used for a variety of business offices, and the Hudson is on the left.

Just north of the Green Island bridge. Nice ride

I like that cordial set.

This one is one of the ones I need to look up the history of.

I really like this one. See if you can figure out what's in the window and what's a reflection

-J

Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,354
Re: A foray into Troy (NY)

VERY nice, thanx 4 sharing

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

shadowz Contributing Member • Posts: 538
Re: A foray into Troy (NY)

Nice ...I liked the handling of shadows....:-)

-- hide signature --

CONTENT IS KING!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads