**Weekly Pentax Forum Photo Thread 29 August - 5 September**

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 887
**Weekly Pentax Forum Photo Thread 29 August - 5 September**

Let's try keeping this tradition ... share some images from the past week. Does not have to be your best work to qualify!

(instructions copied from the past posts ..)

*Please reply to this original post and change the title to reflect the subject of your image/s so that your post starts a new section.

*If you can provide details on the subject, story, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images.

*We have more than enough threads about gear, so let's have some actual photos. Beginner or pro, doesn't matter, this thread is about enjoying photography and perhaps receiving constructive feedback.

*This thread should be a lot fun and can be a great learning experience: letting you show what you and your Pentax camera can do!

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
OP MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 887
A walk around with DFA *85/1.4

Testing my new lens ...

It has a dust particle inside, which of course has no way to influence image quality .. so I'm not sure if I should replace the lens or get the offered 15% discount ...

In general the lens is big but manageable .. it is sharp wide-open .. fun but difficult to shoot with (nailing focus is a challenge). Will keep posting more ...

Slight editing in LR, resizing to 50%.

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,480
Lake & Boats

Pentax KP, Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6. Developed in RPP.

Michael Piziak
Michael Piziak Contributing Member • Posts: 794
Re: A walk around with DFA *85/1.4

Nice - which camera body?

Michael Piziak's gear list:Michael Piziak's gear list
Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +2 more
Michael Piziak
Re: **Weekly Pentax Forum Photo Thread 29 August - 5 September**

Very nice images!

Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +2 more

Michael Piziak wrote:

Nice - which camera body?

Thank you. It was K1.

Jon Donahue Contributing Member • Posts: 844

This week — re-discovering black-and-white and square format, and realizing that an old 18-270 was more useful than a new 55-300. Pix I liked the best? A windmill, a rodeo rider, and folks watching the street show here in Tombstone.

... and just when you think it's a B/W world, you run into Eric and Buckley at the corner store! He is finishing police certification, already has an job offer from a local town. Wants to teach Buckley to talk, and in the meantime to stop biting his ear...

Jon Donahue's gear list:Jon Donahue's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-70
PentUp Senior Member • Posts: 2,690

Beautiful images MarBa

PentUp's gear list:PentUp's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Mark III +11 more

Thank you!

left eye
left eye Senior Member • Posts: 2,599
Wild Carrot!

Hey MarBa - I'm so glad you're keeping this thread going!

A new KP arrived this afternoon, I instantly love it. I'm back in the Pentax world.

Now I need to get my head around the new menu system (experience from the K-5) and tailor the whole thing ...every time I turn it on the info screen is displayed - and I have manually turn the display off! - not sure how to keep it off - I'll get there, just need to read the manual!

Main point (in the fading light) was mounting a lens - and seeing if the AF and sensor worked ...they did. All good so far.

A wild carrot about to open, the great 15mm utilising it's close-focus ability...

To me looks great at 1:1 (from RAW - you'll see I always let grain through).

Looking forward to tomorrow.

left eye's gear list:left eye's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus E-300 Fujifilm GFX 50S Panasonic GH5 Pentax KP +11 more
mxx
mxx Senior Member • Posts: 1,174
Spring blossom

With K5 and my old but trusty Sigma 17-70.

mxx's gear list:mxx's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K100D Pentax K-m +11 more
anware Regular Member • Posts: 164
1920s Art Deco

From a shoot last Sunday at an authentically themed Art Deco hotel. The problem with Art Deco is that it uses a lot of mirrors and highly reflective surfaces, so some work has been done to reduce the reflections. Lighting was room ambient.

alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,480
Re: 1920s Art Deco

anware wrote:

From a shoot last Sunday at an authentically themed Art Deco hotel. The problem with Art Deco is that it uses a lot of mirrors and highly reflective surfaces, so some work has been done to reduce the reflections. Lighting was room ambient.

Wonderful!

Michael Piziak

Wow, honestly and truly I think this is a superb photo!

Michael Piziak

Excellent photos, if I don't say so myself!

Michael Piziak

Nicely captured!

Michael Piziak

Wonderful!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads