This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2021

Started Sep 1, 2021 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2021

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2021: Aug - (...) - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2020: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #454 - Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
cyuill2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,324
Photos From September 1 and 2, 2021

Once again, thank you holgerlinke for setting up a photo thread for September 2021. Here are a few of mine from the first two days of the month.

Gangways at the Tsawwassen ferry terminal, with ships docked at the Roberts Bank terminal in the background. (September 1, 2021 - Delta, BC, Canada)

Coal and cranes at the Roberts Bank terminal. This terminal was originally built for shipping coal to Japan. It was expanded over the years, and handles other goods. (September 1, 2021 - Delta BC, Canada)

The Ocean Cement plant at Granville Island, which was once highly industrialized. Now, Granville island is a thriving cultural, tourism, retail, and commercial centre. (September 2, 2021 - Granville Island, Vancouver BC, Canada)

Kayakers, paddle boarders, and pedestrians on docks in False Creek, which separates Granville Island from downtown Vancouver. The Granville Street Bridge is on the right. (September 2, 2021 - False Creek, Vancouver BC, Canada)

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
WizArt Forum Member • Posts: 58
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2021

Sunrise hike (Spitzmeilenhütte, Switzerland)

Very nice landscape photos! I took a quick look at your Flickr page as well. Good work! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more

Thank you very much for your kind Words. 

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 3,290

Like these a lot - great landscape photos.

The first is the absolute classic “outline” one - beautifully caught.

Thanks so much.
1st one with some "secret-sauce-colour-editing"... 

PTMcH
PTMcH Regular Member • Posts: 374
Backyard Macro

I was just going to snap a couple of quick photos to show my wife, we got mushroom growing in our backyard

Next thing you know, I am laying in the dirt chasing ants.

PTMcH's gear list:PTMcH's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +18 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,463
Re: Backyard Macro

PTMcH wrote:

I was just going to snap a couple of quick photos to show my wife, we got mushroom growing in our backyard

Next thing you know, I am laying in the dirt chasing ants.

Both shots re very nice. We had mushrooms in our dry yard following our unusually wet August but they were gone quickly and I didn't get any shots.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

PTMcH
PTMcH Regular Member • Posts: 374
Re: Backyard Macro

RichDitch wrote:

Both shots re very nice. We had mushrooms in our dry yard following our unusually wet August but they were gone quickly and I didn't get any shots.

Thank you!  Yeah, last couple weeks have been a bit unseasonably cool and damp here; I may have been over watering the flower bed

PTMcH's gear list:PTMcH's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +18 more
Re: Photos From September 1 and 2, 2021

Interesting photos.  I like the idea of converting ex industrial structures to touristy locations.

In any case, I like these urban and (post) industrial vistas.

Re: Photos From September 1 and 2, 2021

rich_cx139 wrote:

Interesting photos. I like the idea of converting ex industrial structures to touristy locations.

In any case, I like these urban and (post) industrial vistas.

The Ocean Concrete plant in the third photo is the one remaining industrial plant on Granville Island. Given all of the construction going on in the Vancouver area it must be doing booming business. I had to move out of the way a number of times as cement trucks left the facility. To blend in better with the surrounding businesses and attractions the company hired Brazilian artists OSGEMEOS to paint murals on the six elevators on the site.

Although Granville Island is less industrial than it used to be there are a lot of artisanal shops that manufacture a wide variety of products, including handmade brooms, distilled spirits, and boats. There are also many restaurants, bistros, and food vendors there as well as theatres and an arts school. It is quite a popular place for visitors and locals.

iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Fallas 2021

Yes, they are made just to be burned in the end.

This year, they celebrated Fallas in Valencia quite late due to the pandemic. I went there and got to catch a few colorful photos.

RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,463
Re: Fallas 2021

iserp wrote:

Yes, they are made just to be burned in the end.

This year, they celebrated Fallas in Valencia quite late due to the pandemic. I went there and got to catch a few colorful photos.

Fascinating.

Have the graffiti on the figure in the first photo been added by visitors, or are they part of the original piece? And I must confess I'm curious about what the rear view is for the guy in the chair!

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 2,060

For my nature and flower photography the V1 colours are so natural

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

Scary but nice photos

Miss tilly wrote:

For my nature and flower photography the V1 colours are so natural

Yes this looks "real" for want of a better word.  I think Nikons do a pretty good job for colour generally.

richard

iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54

RichDitch wrote:

Fascinating.

Have the graffiti on the figure in the first photo been added by visitors, or are they part of the original piece?

I believe the graffiti are from people of the association that owns that particular fallla, and were done after the monument was raised.

And I must confess I'm curious about what the rear view is for the guy in the chair!

I don't have that perspective, sorry, but here is another one, hehe

Tree Bark - Acer Griseum

Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,358

Beautiful silhouettes of the Swiss Alps!

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads