*** Your R System Images - September ***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Reitsportfotos
Reitsportfotos Regular Member • Posts: 234
Re: Zoo with R6 and 100-400 L IS II

PMUK wrote:

Reitsportfotos wrote:

Hi Reitsportfotos,

A couple of devastating images - this one being our favourite. Crikey...

P&K

Thank you very much Phil & Karen.

Maybe I should have chosen something like this?

-- hide signature --
 Reitsportfotos's gear list:Reitsportfotos's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Canon EOS R6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,031
Autumn is coming to Helsinki

Weather was nice for a walk with new gear. R6 is not very new, but i purchased RF70-200f4L some days ago. The lens is surprisingly good and portable - 70-200 lens on the camera- with hood ! -  fits my basic shoulder bag  and there is room also fo 24-70.

I have been slightly worried because R6 has "only" 20 mp sensor - with a good lens it is quite ridiculous. I just made test prints in A2 size of these two images. ISO 1600! was needed because it was late afternoon.  IQ is just perfect IMO  - i do not know why/how i could need more megapixels. I know - some people want "cropping power" - i don't . I use zoom lenses and try to avoid cropping ...

Anyway, autumn can be nice.  Greetings !

A pond in the background - not sky directly , just reflection

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR film photography in 1968. Now two systems: Fujifilm X-H1 + X-E3 and Canon FF gear 5dMkIV + R6

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +10 more
mojorisn Regular Member • Posts: 387
Re: Spitfire

Great pictures of an iconic airplane. Ireland and Great Britain are such wonderful photography destinations, I miss being able to travel!

Les

mojorisn's gear list:mojorisn's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D3300 Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +13 more
Dlee13
Dlee13 Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Re: Sydney Opera House

Taken with the R6 and Tamron 100-400mm.

Dlee13's gear list:Dlee13's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS M50 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +5 more
knutte Regular Member • Posts: 485

And then the fog rolled in......

-- hide signature --

If you're a fan of oversaturated images you should skip my flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164425702@N02/

sam12 Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: *** Your R System Images - September ***

Great shot of the eye.  Love it.

Steve

sam12's gear list:sam12's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS RP Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II +1 more
sam12 Regular Member • Posts: 257

Love those colors!

Steve

sam12's gear list:sam12's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS RP Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Brian D3300 Senior Member • Posts: 2,287

Thank you.  Pure luck, only noticed after reviewing on my pc after.

Brian D3300's gear list:Brian D3300's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS
uther1
uther1 Junior Member • Posts: 32

Thanks PK, B&W worked very well. The lighting was a horrible garish red.

Deanna

uther1's gear list:uther1's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +2 more
Larawanista
Larawanista Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
TGIF in Disputed Territory

From the coastal town of Santa Cruz, Zambales Province - this is in front of a massive territory being outrageously claimed by one of the biggest economic powers in Asia. Heartbreaking conversations with local fishermen is that they are harassed by military ships in fishing grounds they've sailed to the past 20 years. Meagre catch is what they're trying to get used to because another country is overfishing nearby. Sometimes, such beautiful sunset masks the day-to-day struggles of people in the community.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Larawanista's gear list:Larawanista's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
mojorisn Regular Member • Posts: 387
Re: TGIF in Disputed Territory

Another great TGIF picture, and a very poignant story. Thanks for sharing both.

Les

mojorisn's gear list:mojorisn's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D3300 Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +13 more
Johnny Mezzo Forum Member • Posts: 67

Our family dog, Bilbo. Almost lost him to severe UTI. Very happy that he's recovered

My good wife's garden

Johnny Mezzo's gear list:Johnny Mezzo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Canon EOS R6
SergioMPS
SergioMPS Regular Member • Posts: 255

Reykjavik with volcano in backround

-- hide signature --
 SergioMPS's gear list:SergioMPS's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero8 Black Sony RX100 IV +17 more
Larawanista

mojorisn wrote:

Another great TGIF picture, and a very poignant story. Thanks for sharing both.

Les

Thank you!

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Brian D3300 Senior Member • Posts: 2,287

SergioMPS wrote:

Reykjavik with volcano in backround

wow!

Brian D3300's gear list:Brian D3300's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS
gimp_dad Senior Member • Posts: 2,465

I love your TGIF shots and this is another awesome one!

And thanks for sharing the background story. Sad to hear of the suffering due to being trapped between the giants...

Larawanista wrote:

From the coastal town of Santa Cruz, Zambales Province - this is in front of a massive territory being outrageously claimed by one of the biggest economic powers in Asia. Heartbreaking conversations with local fishermen is that they are harassed by military ships in fishing grounds they've sailed to the past 20 years. Meagre catch is what they're trying to get used to because another country is overfishing nearby. Sometimes, such beautiful sunset masks the day-to-day struggles of people in the community.

Larawanista

gimp_dad wrote:

I love your TGIF shots and this is another awesome one!

And thanks for sharing the background story. Sad to hear of the suffering due to being trapped between the giants...

Thanks too! The South China Sea is the new Persian Gulf. It does create opportunities, if we can look past the huge risks. It helps that the US continues to do freedom of navigation journeys in these areas. "Keeps the balance" so to speak.

I actually tried to take photos of the fishermen as they came back to shore after their early morning "catch" but the weather recently has been uncooperative. Maybe next time.

Larawanista wrote:

-- hide signature --

Heximage Junior Member • Posts: 49

Larawanista
Shot with the RP

A friend on this gig with me to shoot a client showroom wanted a chance to use my R6, so I used his RP with my lens

-- hide signature --

klaspavel New Member • Posts: 20
Hromnicke jezirko

klaspavel's gear list:klaspavel's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads