Any recent deliveries of 105 Z in USA?

Started Aug 30, 2021 | Questions
FuhTeng
OP FuhTeng Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
Re: Any recent deliveries of 105 Z in USA?

Mine certainly has been!

-- hide signature --

"Our young men should spend more time considering the composition and merit of their images, and less time with magnifying glasses counting how many bricks and shingles they can resolve." - from a Paris newspaper article on Daguerrotype photography, from 1841. (and https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2011/05/1839-and-the-frenzy-that-followed)

FuhTeng's gear list:FuhTeng's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6300 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +12 more
nmphoto1 Forum Member • Posts: 69

Ordered from BH on July 1st still no sign of it  had a friend order direct from Nikon in September and got hers. Ordered a back ordered 50mm 1.2 from BH and got it in 2 weeks

-- hide signature --

http://www.nickmorganphotos.com Instagram: @nickmorganphotos

nmphoto1's gear list:nmphoto1's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR +3 more
Barleyman
Barleyman Contributing Member • Posts: 854

Midwest Photo send via UPS on Wednesday...    UPS said they would be delivering Saturday.  Saturday comes around and they moved up the delivery time from 7pm to 1:30pm.  Send a link to watch the truck via gps.  2:30 rolls around,  they send me a note that the time is moved to 7pm.  Truck shows it back at the UPS center. Hmmm.   Then at 8:45 pm,  UPS send me a text saying it has been delivered and signed for?  What?  Not my signature/initials.  Truck was no where near my house. (quiet street).

Being late on Saturday... no one to talk to...  After 4 months of waiting,  this is what I get... squat.  Filled out forms and related my strenuous desire to receive my package. Had a scotch.  Waited.

Monday rolls around.  No word from UPS.  Hmmm.  Finally,  at 5pm... it shows up,  guy in his personal car (but UPS uniform).  I am happy to have it,  not happy with UPS right now.  I wonder where it was for 2 days?

Barleyman's gear list:Barleyman's gear list
Nikon Z6 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +7 more
vcxz Regular Member • Posts: 467

You're in the US, right? I had a similar experience where a package just had its delivery day pushed back for no reason.

From what I can gather, the shipping companies are just totally backlogged with deliveries. Online orders are up post pandemic and everywhere generally has labor shortages. Sometimes the package companies play games with delivery dates so they don't have to pay SLA fines but I could see them just not caring anymore.

We had a lot of people leave the workforce or retire early. Everything from people with high risk for COVID deaths, expensive daycare making it more sensible for one parent to stay home, etc. So this is just the way life is going to be for the near term.

FedEx seems to allow you to reroute to a Walgreens for free. I tend to have fewer delays doing that but it's not a guarantee.

Barleyman wrote:

Midwest Photo send via UPS on Wednesday... UPS said they would be delivering Saturday. Saturday comes around and they moved up the delivery time from 7pm to 1:30pm. Send a link to watch the truck via gps. 2:30 rolls around, they send me a note that the time is moved to 7pm. Truck shows it back at the UPS center. Hmmm. Then at 8:45 pm, UPS send me a text saying it has been delivered and signed for? What? Not my signature/initials. Truck was no where near my house. (quiet street).

Being late on Saturday... no one to talk to... After 4 months of waiting, this is what I get... squat. Filled out forms and related my strenuous desire to receive my package. Had a scotch. Waited.

Monday rolls around. No word from UPS. Hmmm. Finally, at 5pm... it shows up, guy in his personal car (but UPS uniform). I am happy to have it, not happy with UPS right now. I wonder where it was for 2 days?

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @vcxz_photos

vcxz's gear list:vcxz's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z9 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +9 more
Barleyman

Yes,  I am in the US.  I had no problem with the delay.  I get that everything is backed up,  personnel shortages, etc.

The Text on Saturday that said it was delivered and signed for really bothered me.

MPEX (Midwest Photo)  were super during the whole process of the 4 month wait.  Always understanding,  and willing to talk, and let me know where I was in line,  and when they thought I would get the lens (they were a month ahead of estimate of end of November).

Nikon Z6 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +7 more
svOwl
svOwl Regular Member • Posts: 154

I've had similar experiences with UPS. Text comes in that item is delivered and signed for. Go to the door...Nothing. Fret for a day or so. Item mysteriously shows up.

It's happened more than once. Big mystery. Never have discovered what actually happens.

svOwl's gear list:svOwl's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Nikon D700
tjacobs
tjacobs Regular Member • Posts: 431

Barleyman wrote:

Midwest Photo send via UPS on Wednesday... UPS said they would be delivering Saturday. Saturday comes around and they moved up the delivery time from 7pm to 1:30pm. Send a link to watch the truck via gps. 2:30 rolls around, they send me a note that the time is moved to 7pm. Truck shows it back at the UPS center. Hmmm. Then at 8:45 pm, UPS send me a text saying it has been delivered and signed for? What? Not my signature/initials. Truck was no where near my house. (quiet street).

Being late on Saturday... no one to talk to... After 4 months of waiting, this is what I get... squat. Filled out forms and related my strenuous desire to receive my package. Had a scotch. Waited.

Monday rolls around. No word from UPS. Hmmm. Finally, at 5pm... it shows up, guy in his personal car (but UPS uniform). I am happy to have it, not happy with UPS right now. I wonder where it was for 2 days?

I had almost an identical experience with photography gear and it's the only time I've had such an experience. Glad you got your lens!

-- hide signature --

-tj

tjacobs's gear list:tjacobs's gear list
Nikon Z9 Nikon 400mm F4.5 VR S Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z fc +16 more
RapidTransit Junior Member • Posts: 32

Just picked up my order from Hunts, ordered 8/15, pickup up 11/3

RapidTransit's gear list:RapidTransit's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S Phase One Capture One Pro +5 more
daleeight Veteran Member • Posts: 3,085

Barleyman wrote:

It was at my house. I do QA for Nikon gear shipped to you. I test it to make sure you will like it...

-- hide signature --

Dale

daleeight's gear list:daleeight's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Nikon Z7 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +7 more
Barleyman

Thanks!

The good news is that it's now in my backpack,  ready for a trip to Hawaii.  Hope to get some good shots.  Haven't been able to even try it out,  other some random shots in the back yard at dusk.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads