What are the best FPV drone / High speed camera combinations aside from the freefly wave?

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Carla Delgado G New Member • Posts: 3
What are the best FPV drone / High speed camera combinations aside from the freefly wave?

No text.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Len-O Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
Re: What are the best FPV drone / High speed camera combinations aside from the freefly wave?

Carla Delgado G wrote:

If you are looking for an FPV quad capable of mounting High Speed cameras with similar specs to the FreeFly Wave I seriously doubt that there is such an FPV air frame. Those are cameras more suited to mounting on an enterprise drone rather than an FPV drone. I would be looking at something such as a DJI Matrice 600 Pro, and you would be looking at total costs well above $30K.

So It would be best if you explain exactly what you are looking for, to what purpose, and your working budget. Particularly with regard to frame speed.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
OP Carla Delgado G New Member • Posts: 3
Re: What are the best FPV drone / High speed camera combinations aside from the freefly wave?

Thank you!
The goal is to record a 3-7 minute flight and be able to turn it into a 21 clip. I know the Freefly Wave can do it. I was wondering if there were other setups comparable to it. Also, wanted to get advise on how to calculate the fps to achieve that goal of recording no more than 7 minutes flight time and be able to stretch it to 21 minutes at 4K resolution.

Looking forward to your reply -

Len-O Senior Member • Posts: 1,519

Carla Delgado G wrote:

Thank you!
The goal is to record a 3-7 minute flight and be able to turn it into a 21 clip. I know the Freefly Wave can do it. I was wondering if there were other setups comparable to it. Also, wanted to get advise on how to calculate the fps to achieve that goal of recording no more than 7 minutes flight time and be able to stretch it to 21 minutes at 4K resolution.

Looking forward to your reply -

I am certainly not the person to provide you an answer to this quest. All I can hint at is you are going to be looking for a camera with very high frame speeds well in excess of the 120-240 fps drones I use are capable of. I do not have the budget to even consider exploring the project you have in mind. My limit ends at around $3,000 for a high end for me, drone.

My recommendation is to take a look at where the guys over at the "Slo Mo Guys" YouTube channel can direct you. They are using some of the fastest cameras available with frame rate in the unbelievable range. Their latest project stretches 1 second to 1 hour shooting at 90,000 fps. much of what they do is quite amazing and I recommend taking a look.

https://youtu.be/Jh2cZKQZ1XA

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
OP Carla Delgado G New Member • Posts: 3

Thank you so much!!

I will definitely check them out 👌🏻

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads