Good carry bag for EOS R+1.4x extender+RF100-500

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
axlotl Senior Member • Posts: 2,181
Good carry bag for EOS R+1.4x extender+RF100-500

Lowepro Protactic TLZ 75 AW 2

Information for forum members who have or are planning to get the RF100-500.

The Lowepro Protactic TLZ 75 AW 2 bag takes the lens with extender and (pictured) R5 camera mounted. The fit is a bit snug around the reversed lens hood but I have no difficuly getting the lens in and out.

The extendable lower section of the bag can be zipped up for carrying the body+lens without the extender. The tripod foot can remain attached.

There is a large top compartment and two straps for various carry configurations.

I think it will take the R3 easily enough for those interested.

Andrew

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bernie r Contributing Member • Posts: 536
Re: Good carry bag for EOS R+1.4x extender+RF100-500

axlotl wrote:

The Lowepro Protactic TLZ 75 AW 2 bag takes the lens with extender and (pictured) R5 camera mounted. The fit is a bit snug around the reversed lens hood but I have no difficuly getting the lens in and out.

The extendable lower section of the bag can be zipped up for carrying the body+lens without the extender. The tripod foot can remain attached.

There is a large top compartment and two straps for various carry configurations.

Andrew

Aren't you worried that lens will snap while extended like that..?

-- hide signature --

Camera:
Canon EOS R5
Canon RF 15-35 2.8
Canon RF 28-70 2
Canon EF 70-200 2.8
Canon RF 100 2.8
Canon RF 85 1.2
Canon EF 500 f/4 L IS II USM + 1.4X III
Other:
Gitzo Fluid Gimbal Head
Gitzo GT4543LS Systematic Series 4 Carbon eXact Long Tripod
Benro Mach3 TMA38CL Carbon Fibre Tripod
Benro G3 Ball Head
Ronin S2 Gimbal
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash
Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI Flashgun
Gitzo Adventury 45L

OP axlotl Senior Member • Posts: 2,181

bernie r wrote:

axlotl wrote:

Andrew

The lens construction is quite robust so no I don't think it will break. There remains the question of whether carrying it partly extended might disturb the precise position of the lens elements. Hopefully not.

The alternative is to carry the lens in closed (at 100mm F/L) position to the shooting location then mount the body and extender on location. But that involves manipulating 3 pieces of expensive equipment and five caps thus raising the possibility of getting dust into the system or dropping something. I dropped a lens cap on the beach last week and it took me ages to get all the grains of sand out of the thing.

Andrew

EBCowboy Junior Member • Posts: 45

axlotl wrote:

bernie r wrote:

axlotl wrote:

Andrew

The lens construction is quite robust so no I don't think it will break. There remains the question of whether carrying it partly extended might disturb the precise position of the lens elements. Hopefully not.

The alternative is to carry the lens in closed (at 100mm F/L) position to the shooting location then mount the body and extender on location. But that involves manipulating 3 pieces of expensive equipment and five caps thus raising the possibility of getting dust into the system or dropping something. I dropped a lens cap on the beach last week and it took me ages to get all the grains of sand out of the thing.

Andrew

You should be fine. I use a Think Tank Digital Holster 50 V2, same idea. Used it for years with 100-400 before using it now with 100-500 both with and without 1.4x.

Wouldn't ship it in that, but for protection in the car or walking to locations it's great.

EBCowboy's gear list:EBCowboy's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads