Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Nate8833
Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Hello!  I have been having a tough time finding a reasonably priced used Sigma SD Quattro.  Does anyone know of a good place to buy, or is anyone interested in selling theirs?  Thanks!

 Nate8833's gear list:Nate8833's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 21,350
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Nate8833 wrote:

Hello! I have been having a tough time finding a reasonably priced used Sigma SD Quattro. Does anyone know of a good place to buy, or is anyone interested in selling theirs? Thanks!

I don't know if you regard ebay as a "good place" but there's a good few listed here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=sigma+quattro+-H&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_udhi=900

-- hide signature --

"It all depends on what the meaning of 'is' is ..." Our Bill C.

 xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +11 more
Nate8833
OP Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
2

I'll use it as a last resort.  But even now it looks like there are either new cameras at market price or used cameras at new camera prices.

xpatUSA wrote:

Nate8833 wrote:

Hello! I have been having a tough time finding a reasonably priced used Sigma SD Quattro. Does anyone know of a good place to buy, or is anyone interested in selling theirs? Thanks!

I don't know if you regard ebay as a "good place" but there's a good few listed here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=sigma+quattro+-H&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_udhi=900

 Nate8833's gear list:Nate8833's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
danski0224 Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
1

Nate8833 wrote:

I'll use it as a last resort. But even now it looks like there are either new cameras at market price or used cameras at new camera prices.

Supply and demand.

-- hide signature --

Moments in Time, a work in progress.... https://www.flickr.com/gp/142423236@N08/965cs3

Nate8833
OP Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
1

Ha I hear you, but with Sigma cameras it's an interesting evaluation since there is limited supply and even less demand.  I don't see them come up for sale often, but usually when I do see a listing pop up they sell for a couple hundred less than the eBay (asking) prices.

danski0224 wrote:

Nate8833 wrote:

I'll use it as a last resort. But even now it looks like there are either new cameras at market price or used cameras at new camera prices.

Supply and demand.

 Nate8833's gear list:Nate8833's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
dan_darkroom Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Yahoo Japan (via Buyee)

Yahoo Japan! That is where I bought mine!

Current listings:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=sd+quattro&auccat=23632&va=sd+quattro&exflg=1&b=1&n=50

It probably looks all Japanese to you. This isn't strange, because it is. But you can use a "middle man". I used this one: https://buyee.jp

 dan_darkroom's gear list:dan_darkroom's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony a7R II Sigma sd Quattro Venus Laowa 15mm F4 Macro Venus Laowa 60mm F2.8 Macro +2 more
dbateman Contributing Member • Posts: 672
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
2

Yes odd how its shot up. 2 years ago you could get the SDQ with 30mm for $500. The SDQH was $700 or $1000 with some type of lens. I almost bought a SDQH with 24-105mm lens for $1050.

Now good luck. The SDQ alone is $700. Rare to see that type of jump in camera used price over a short period of time. Only other camera that I know of that did crazy things like that was the Panasonic GM5.

 dbateman's gear list:dbateman's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Sigma SD14 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df +5 more
danski0224 Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
1

The DP Merrill cameras, especially the DP3M, are selling for what seems to be almost new pricing.

-- hide signature --

Moments in Time, a work in progress.... https://www.flickr.com/gp/142423236@N08/965cs3

Tom Schum
Tom Schum Forum Pro • Posts: 12,835
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)
1

B&H has them in stock at the moment:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1234171-REG/sigma_sd_quattro_mirrorless_digital.html

Price is $699.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
"Beware of taking advice from anonymous wise men." Quote from Anon.

 Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 +14 more
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 16,977
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Nate8833 wrote:

Hello! I have been having a tough time finding a reasonably priced used Sigma SD Quattro. Does anyone know of a good place to buy, or is anyone interested in selling theirs? Thanks!

I would buy brand new direct from Sigma. Their prices are best, and I'm pretty sure they won't try to charge you sales tax, like Amazon and the big stores in that communist state they call New York, which is violating the highest laws in the U.S.A, the Constitution, by collecting sales tax from sales to people out of their state. I sure hope B&H and Adorama can rectify that situation, by seeing the state and/or the city of New York.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/cameras/mirrorless/sd-quattro-camera

Sigma's price is very reasonable - actually less that what a lot of retailers are trying to charge. Don't ask me why retailers are pricing Sigma cameras higher than the MSRP. It's absurd that they're doing that. Hopefully they get NO sales at such ridiculous prices.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

 Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +27 more
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 16,977
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Tom Schum wrote:

B&H has them in stock at the moment:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1234171-REG/sigma_sd_quattro_mirrorless_digital.html

Price is $699.

But they are charging sales tax right now, and I don't think Sigma does. The price is the same.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

 Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +27 more
peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 5,201
Not really odd...
1

dbateman wrote:

Yes odd how its shot up. 2 years ago you could get the SDQ with 30mm for $500. The SDQH was $700 or $1000 with some type of lens. I almost bought a SDQH with 24-105mm lens for $1050.

Now good luck. The SDQ alone is $700. Rare to see that type of jump in camera used price over a short period of time. Only other camera that I know of that did crazy things like that was the Panasonic GM5.

Nor is it an isolated case. All cameras, new or used, seemed to have gone up in price over the last little while. Same with lenses (well, at least relatively modern used lenses).

-- hide signature --

Hubert
My non-digital gear: Agfa Isolette, Ricohflex VII, Bessa R, Bessa L, Zorky 4, Fed 2, Konica Big Mini, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2457111090_00eafbf8a4_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

 peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
dbateman Contributing Member • Posts: 672
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Scottelly wrote:

Tom Schum wrote:

B&H has them in stock at the moment:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1234171-REG/sigma_sd_quattro_mirrorless_digital.html

Price is $699.

But they are charging sales tax right now, and I don't think Sigma does. The price is the same.

Scott by law everyone must collect state tax. Thus why Ebay and Amazon made these changes.

If you want to avoid state sales tax,  move to Delaware.

 dbateman's gear list:dbateman's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Sigma SD14 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df +5 more
danski0224 Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Scottelly wrote:

I would buy brand new direct from Sigma. Their prices are best, and I'm pretty sure they won't try to charge you sales tax, like Amazon and the big stores in that communist state they call New York, which is violating the highest laws in the U.S.A, the Constitution, by collecting sales tax from sales to people out of their state. I sure hope B&H and Adorama can rectify that situation, by seeing the state and/or the city of New York.

Um, FYI, there's a little spot on the tax forms where one is supposed to declare online purchases and pay sales tax.

I'm sure that you were aware of this and simply forgot about it...

In any event, sales tax collection from online sales certainly helps to even out the playing field and helps local businesses.

-- hide signature --

Moments in Time, a work in progress.... https://www.flickr.com/gp/142423236@N08/965cs3

Nate8833
OP Nate8833 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Basically, what I'm trying to accomplish is to sell my H, and buy the non H since I don't need the bigger sensor.  I tried for quite some time to sell the H, and now I have someone willing to pay $750 for the camera.  I think that's  a fair price, but if I have to turn around and buy new at $700 it doesn't make much sense.  So does everyone feel that the H should sell for much more than $750?

 Nate8833's gear list:Nate8833's gear list
Sigma dp3 Quattro Sigma dp0 Quattro Samsung NX1 Sigma sd Quattro Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
danski0224 Senior Member • Posts: 1,413
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

All you have to do is check out "sold listings" on that big auction site.

That will tell you what it is worth, if yours is comparable to those sold listings.

-- hide signature --

Moments in Time, a work in progress.... https://www.flickr.com/gp/142423236@N08/965cs3

dan_darkroom Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Re: Where to buy a Sigma SD Quattro (Non H)

Scottelly wrote:

I would buy brand new direct from Sigma. Their prices are best, and I'm pretty sure they won't try to charge you sales tax,

If they don't charge sales tax you get charged upon import, usually with sometimes steep additional fees.

Or if you get it without tax (wrong invoice amount i.e.), you would need to report to customs, since tax evasion is a criminal offence in many countries.

Charging tax when you purchase is really the cheapest, fastes and simplest way.

 dan_darkroom's gear list:dan_darkroom's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony a7R II Sigma sd Quattro Venus Laowa 15mm F4 Macro Venus Laowa 60mm F2.8 Macro +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads