The "Tour of Denmark" stage race

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 2,226
The "Tour of Denmark" stage race

This series is from the last stage of the Danish stage race - as well as my first try into sports photography. Comments welcome

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 6,429
Re: The "Tour of Denmark" stage race

Nice, I love sports in the rain, it adds charecter.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Ulrik Christiansen
OP Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 2,226

cosmicnode wrote:

Nice, I love sports in the rain, it adds charecter.

Thanks. Yes rain certainly does something

Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
sbw123 Regular Member • Posts: 182

Great photos.

-- hide signature --
 sbw123's gear list:sbw123's gear list
Nikon Z6 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8
Ulrik Christiansen

sbw123 wrote:

Great photos.

Thanks

SUPER-ELMAR
SUPER-ELMAR Contributing Member • Posts: 881

Really like these compositions.  They reflect different angles and vantage points to create a unique view of the riders.  Too often people stand in one spot and shoot the same boring perspective over and over again.  Well done.

SUPER-ELMAR's gear list:SUPER-ELMAR's gear list
Ricoh GR III Leica M10 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Hasselblad X1D II 50C Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +5 more
Ulrik Christiansen

SUPER-ELMAR wrote:

Really like these compositions. They reflect different angles and vantage points to create a unique view of the riders. Too often people stand in one spot and shoot the same boring perspective over and over again. Well done.

Thank you very much!

sandiegosteve
sandiegosteve Forum Member • Posts: 89

Great images.

sandiegosteve's gear list:sandiegosteve's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Ulrik Christiansen

sandiegosteve wrote:

Great images.

Thank you

Gearsau
Gearsau Senior Member • Posts: 2,034

Ulrik Christiansen wrote:

This series is from the last stage of the Danish stage race - as well as my first try into sports photography. Comments welcome

Fourth photo from the bottm is best.......... Reason...... Blurred wheels.  Get the shutter speed down on many of the others.

-- hide signature --

Regards Peter

Gearsau's gear list:Gearsau's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +21 more
Skeeterbytes Forum Pro • Posts: 20,302

Fabulous work, Ulrik. The weather was a challenge but the shots benefit from the light and and the wet.

Our Tour of California was cancelled and may never return, and I am envious of you who still still have cycling races to shoot. Great sport and a great challenge to shoot.

Cheers,

Rick

-- hide signature --

Equivalence and diffraction-free since 2009.
You can be too; ask about our 12-step program.

Ulrik Christiansen

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Fabulous work, Ulrik. The weather was a challenge but the shots benefit from the light and and the wet.

Our Tour of California was cancelled and may never return, and I am envious of you who still still have cycling races to shoot. Great sport and a great challenge to shoot.

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks Rick and Peter - It was pouring down at the start of the race - at least my Fuji camera and lenses was tested and did not drown

Gearsau
Gearsau Senior Member • Posts: 2,034

Ulrik Christiansen wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks Rick and Peter - It was pouring down at the start of the race - at least my Fuji camera and lenses was tested and did not drown

My pleasure..... I used to shoot motor sport, many years ago..... Not professionally, just for an expensive hobby

-- hide signature --

Regards Peter

Gearsau's gear list:Gearsau's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads