A big thank you to all firefighting services!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,992
A big thank you to all firefighting services!!

Mediterranean countries have been hit by severe fires this year most possibly due to very high temperatures. People fighting these fires, risking their life and working under these harsh conditions to save other people' life and properties should at least be considered as heroes. THANK YOU ALL!!

There will be another similar post in the Fuji forum as I used both cameras to capture those...

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Ontarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,915
Re: A big thank you to all firefighting services!!

Yes, heroes indeed.  Same here in western North America.  A few each year sadly lose their lives fighting these wild fires.

Ontarian's gear list:Ontarian's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Mina J
Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 5,399
Re: A big thank you to all firefighting services!!

Yannis1976 wrote:

Mediterranean countries have been hit by severe fires this year most possibly due to very high temperatures. People fighting these fires, risking their life and working under these harsh conditions to save other people' life and properties should at least be considered as heroes. THANK YOU ALL!!

There will be another similar post in the Fuji forum as I used both cameras to capture those...

I read today the Dixie fire (California) has burned over 446,000 acres or the approximate size of the city of Los Angeles.  I've lived in California my entire life and had never heard of some of the small cities that have been destroyed by the fires.  I also read Greece and other countries are going through something similar.

Yes you are so right that our firefighters are heroes who deserve our gratitude and more for risking their lives to save ours and property.

It's a tragedy but your photos depict it beautifully.

Mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads