Photolab & Big Sur

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Tootsall
Tootsall Senior Member • Posts: 1,812
Photolab & Big Sur

Getting to the point where I need to update from Catalina to Big Sur.  Has anyone had issues with getting DXO Photolab 4 to work with Big Sur?

-- hide signature --

(Ed)

Tootsall's gear list:Tootsall's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +9 more
Clix Pix
Clix Pix Regular Member • Posts: 472
Re: Photolab & Big Sur

PhotoLab 4 works fine for me with Big Sur.   Doing my editing on a 2018 MBP with 32 GB RAM, 20 Vega, 1 TB SSD.

-- hide signature --

Former Nikon user, now using Sony A7R IV and eight great native Sony lenses
PBase supporter, Zenfolio supporter

Clix Pix's gear list:Clix Pix's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +13 more
Tootsall
OP Tootsall Senior Member • Posts: 1,812

Thank you.  Updated and works fine...now if I could get my old Samsung T5 SSD to communicate with Big Sur.... lol.  Hope Samsung tech desk come up with a solution.

-- hide signature --

(Ed)

Nikon D7200 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +9 more
lightandaprayer Veteran Member • Posts: 4,640

Tootsall wrote:

Thank you. Updated and works fine...now if I could get my old Samsung T5 SSD to communicate with Big Sur.... lol. Hope Samsung tech desk come up with a solution.

You aren't the only one having problems with a T5 and Big Sur. . .  The last post in the thread points the finger at security permissions required by Big Sur and possible fixes.

T5 SSD not working on macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

Clix Pix
Clix Pix Regular Member • Posts: 472

I have been using Samsung T-series external SSDs since the very first ones, and I have not had any problems with any of them.  First thing I do when I get a new one is to plug it into my machine and go into Disk Utility and erase what's on there and reformat to my desired format,  APFS, and that takes care of everything.  I don't mess with whatever Samsung provides as their proprietary software and such, I don't really need or want it.

-- hide signature --

Former Nikon user, now using Sony A7R IV and eight great native Sony lenses
PBase supporter, Zenfolio supporter

Clix Pix's gear list:Clix Pix's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +13 more
PerTulip Senior Member • Posts: 1,589

Tootsall wrote:

Getting to the point where I need to update from Catalina to Big Sur. Has anyone had issues with getting DXO Photolab 4 to work with Big Sur?

No

PerTulip's gear list:PerTulip's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +5 more
Magnus3D Regular Member • Posts: 235

No issues with DxO PhotoLab here either on a M1 Macbook Air. It runs fast and smooth.

/ Magnus

Magnus3D's gear list:Magnus3D's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
Tootsall

Got T5 issue sorted with Samsung. They sent me a link https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/portable/t5/

Now...to get the T7 to work with Big Sur!

-- hide signature --

(Ed)

Tootsall wrote:

Got T5 issue sorted with Samsung. They sent me a link https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/portable/t5/

I don't understand the importance of that link. . . It's just the product webpage for the T5. It doesn't have any info regarding the issue with the SSD.

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 17,129
Re: Samsung T5 SSD & Big Sur

lightandaprayer wrote:

Tootsall wrote:

Got T5 [SSD] issue sorted with Samsung. They sent me a link https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/portable/t5/

I don't understand the importance of that link. . . It's just the product webpage for the T5. It doesn't have any info regarding the issue with the SSD.

For anyone reading this thread at a later date, here is information about how to unblock the Samsung software on MacOS.

https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/global.semi.static/Troubleshooting+Guide+for+macOS+Compatibility+Official_Rev.1.1.pdf

I had no such problems with the T7.

CAcreeks wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:

Tootsall wrote:

Got T5 [SSD] issue sorted with Samsung. They sent me a link https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/portable/t5/

For anyone reading this thread at a later date, here is information about how to unblock the Samsung software on MacOS.

https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/global.semi.static/Troubleshooting+Guide+for+macOS+Compatibility+Official_Rev.1.1.pdf

I had no such problems with the T7.

So the problem with the T5 was caused by the Samsung software that comes preloaded on the SSD and Big Sur security blocking it?

It would have been preferable if the OP stated how the issue was resolved instead of taking leave of this thread without explanation to the respondents and future readers who find this discussion via a forum search. . .

Tootsall

lightandaprayer wrote:

So the problem with the T5 was caused by the Samsung software that comes preloaded on the SSD and Big Sur security blocking it?

It would have been preferable if the OP stated how the issue was resolved instead of taking leave of this thread without explanation to the respondents and future readers who find this discussion via a forum search. . .

I would have thought that scrolling down on the link provided and d/l and running the install file for Mac Big Sur would have been sufficient.  Guess not.

-- hide signature --

(Ed)

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 17,129

Tootsall wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:

I would have thought that scrolling down on the link provided and d/l and running the install file for Mac Big Sur would have been sufficient. Guess not.

It is a "minor" security fix, but the download is 3.11 GB.

Linux has better granularity of updates, which generally take less time, although there are more of them.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads