GFX100/100s eye selection

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
bobby350z Regular Member • Posts: 276
GFX100/100s eye selection

From what I am hearing is that on GFX100s and GFX100 it is not possible to set a custom button which will let me select left/right eye. Is that so? On GFX50s I can set a Fn button which when pressed gives five options to select Face/Eye AF and two of them let me change from left to right eye. Is this can be done on GFX100s? What about GFX100? Thanks.

Rich42 Senior Member • Posts: 2,401
Re: GFX100/100s eye selection

Yes for GFX 100 and 100S.

Rich

OP bobby350z Regular Member • Posts: 276

So I still can set a dedicated Fn button with the following options when pressed?

1. Face On - Eye Off
2. Face On - Eye Auto
3. Face On - Eye Left Priority
4. Face On - Eye Right Priority
5. Face Off - Eye Off

Ideally I would like just the selection of left vs the right eye but would take what we got.

Edited:- I am looking at the GFX100s menu. The two options that can be added to Fn button are, Face Select (which face) and Face Detect (on or off). There is no option like GFX50s has which is called "Face/Eye Detection Settings" which lets one choose left or right eye. Am I right or wrong? Thanks.

Rich42 Senior Member • Posts: 2,401

bobby350z wrote:

So I still can set a dedicated Fn button with the following options when pressed?

1. Face On - Eye Off
2. Face On - Eye Auto
3. Face On - Eye Left Priority
4. Face On - Eye Right Priority
5. Face Off - Eye Off

Ideally I would like just the selection of left vs the right eye but would take what we got.

Edited:- I am looking at the GFX100s menu. The two options that can be added to Fn button are, Face Select (which face) and Face Detect (on or off). There is no option like GFX50s has which is called "Face/Eye Detection Settings" which lets one choose left or right eye. Am I right or wrong? Thanks.

Sorry. Maybe someone else can add more.

The capability you're interested is there in my 100S. But assigning functions to buttons is something I am still learning.

Rich

Yup GFX100/GFX100s doesn't allow this to be assigned to Fn

That's the issue. Why no one mentioned it so far and why Fuji removed this is surprising to me.

EuronGreyjoy
EuronGreyjoy Regular Member • Posts: 372

bobby350z wrote:

From what I am hearing is that on GFX100s and GFX100 it is not possible to set a custom button which will let me select left/right eye. Is that so? On GFX50s I can set a Fn button which when pressed gives five options to select Face/Eye AF and two of them let me change from left to right eye. Is this can be done on GFX100s? What about GFX100? Thanks.

I've tried to do what you're asking and I can't find that option, only toggles to toggle Face select ON/OFF as well as Face detection ON/OFF via Fn buttons.

I've set the shortcut to the five options of the Face/eye detection settings that you like to the top of MY MENU which is fine for me. Takes 2 button presses to get there. GFX100S.

I don't recall how it was on my GFX50R, don't have it anymore, also don't know off the top of my head how it is with my X-T4 or X100V, it's a setting I've never ever used, toggling eye detect on/off, I rarely use it, a small single AF point works great for me and seems most accurate.

EuronGreyjoy's gear list:EuronGreyjoy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +22 more

In my case I mostly shoot people and switch between left and right eye based on which side I am using and find it helpful.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads