best Intelligent auto settings APSC camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
CamilaTL New Member • Posts: 2
best Intelligent auto settings APSC camera

Hi, I am an enthusiastic photographer and like to travel and take pictures with my family, I shoot sony but always when I give the camera to someone from my family photos never come up nice because the auto/program modes aren't very smart in my opinion. I set auto iso limit but then shutter speed is not an option to limit a min for example at least that i know about for sony a6000 and sony a7iii. Is there a camera that has smarter AI for their auto modes or allow for more limits like the min max of auto. I am looking into an apsc sensor size. Another big feature I am trying to find is the option for self timer photos to focus when the timer comes not before like these camera do. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Martin_99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,300
Re: best Intelligent auto settings APSC camera

CamilaTL wrote:

Hi, I am an enthusiastic photographer and like to travel and take pictures with my family, I shoot sony but always when I give the camera to someone from my family photos never come up nice because the auto/program modes aren't very smart in my opinion. I set auto iso limit but then shutter speed is not an option to limit a min for example at least that i know about for sony a6000 and sony a7iii. Is there a camera that has smarter AI for their auto modes or allow for more limits like the min max of auto. I am looking into an apsc sensor size. Another big feature I am trying to find is the option for self timer photos to focus when the timer comes not before like these camera do. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them

I don't use auto mode at all, I just set the camera for my family members by myself and it's mostly OK.

A6000 is not good for limiting shutter speed, but newer cameras including A7III have that setting called "auto ISO min SS". I own A6400 and it works perfectly, easily changeable on custom button.

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +1 more
OP CamilaTL New Member • Posts: 2
Re: best Intelligent auto settings APSC camera

Hi Martin, I didn't know sony a7iii had that for shutter speed will look into it thanks.

Sometimes my family use my camera and I'm not exactly right there to set it for them, like if we travel together im using the a7iii and someone else has the a6000 and we are like walking together, I try teaching them but they say it's too difficult

edit: i just found the auto iso min ss and it doesn't work on any mode, any thoughts on what im doing wrong or maybe my camera has a glitch ? i selected iso auto min ss  500 and im getting slower shutter than that on all shooting modes. thanks

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads