D780 and Godox X2T Issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
MichaelFPP New Member • Posts: 2
D780 and Godox X2T Issue

Hi guys, is anyone using Godox X2T with their D780? I've been shooting with a D750 for a few years, and only recently got the D780.

For some reason when I turn the X2T on after attaching it to the camera, my live view (with exposure preview on) "dims" as though the camera is compensating for the flash. It looks like the shutter speed drops almost two steps. The exposure also does not change in live view when I adjust shutter speed.

I've looked in the camera menu for flash settings that might affect or fix this but nothing works.

I primarily shoot real estate, I use exposure preview to help me get the room's ambient light correct before taking flash exposures.

So an example with my D750 is I adjust shutter to get the right exposure, take a shot. Then turning on the X2T I increase shutter speed by about two stops, and take a flash shot. But for some reason with the D780, it changes the live view exposure but only visually, through the viewfinder it has no effect and if I take a photo with the X2T on and no flash (ie AD200 Pro turned off) the shots are almost identical, except the shot with X2T on is slightly warmer.

Hoping someone can help?

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads