Human Elements
Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 848
Re: Long Exposure

Interesting, ethereal image!

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR III
nurseMarty Regular Member • Posts: 179
A not so random walk in Brooklyn

These images make me homesick. Born & raised in Brooklyn. Now live on the left coast. Miss the people. What accent?

looks like you took a walk during the golden hour. Love the color of the light you captured with the brownstones. I prefer the brownstones you find in Park Slope. Of course, if you walked around Park Slope you couldn’t have captured the other images on the same day.

The word has gotten out about Washington street with the Manhattan bridge framing the Empire State Building. I’ve made that image several times at different times of the day and evening. There is a reason it is a classic location. Hate when all the tourists get in my frame. Then again, I’m a tourist and there I am.

I like the image of Jane’s carousel. I like you chose to show the carousel in motion with the blur. I would have liked to see a person, preferably a child in the frame. I’d also play with a longer shutter speed to see if more blurr was better. Maybe not.

Nice series of images. I want to go back to Brooklyn around the middle of September for my birthday and the San Genarro festival in little Italy. There are so many more places to go and variety of different looking people than Seattle offers. NYC was made for street photographers.

Mask on Nurse Marty

Del Tommo
Del Tommo Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: Moments before Disaster

CeeDave wrote:

Ducks are among the earliest-evolved birds, and so they are among the closest living relatives to T. rex…so count yourself lucky on your escape! Nice, fun picture!

Cheers, Chris! I happen to be a palaeontologist by trade, so I was well-aware of the approaching danger, yet too curious to start running

Del Tommo's gear list:Del Tommo's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm +1 more
Miller_bike Forum Member • Posts: 50
A lemur and a thrill ride

Youtube has lately been promoting the idea of videos in portrait mode and under 60 seconds long, obviously influenced by TikTok, and Youtube analytics tells me that two thirds of views come from mobile (cellphone) devices, so here are a couple of recent short videos with X-S10 and 16-80 lens. Despite the TikTok influence neither of these feature teens dancing.

Feeding a lemur, 39s

Great Yarmouth 'Slingshot' ride, 31s

Artur Darulewski Contributing Member • Posts: 556
Terns

Tern feeding partner, spotted month ago at nature preserve area. Shot from very long distance @600mm + 1.4xTC.

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +11 more
surfoxy
surfoxy Contributing Member • Posts: 691
Re: Fair

Color, activity, and symmetry are interesting here. Something interesting and also unsatisfying about the crop. Maybe that's a good thing. I want to see more of what the crowd at the bottom are doing. But this is an intriguing image to me.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
surfoxy
surfoxy Contributing Member • Posts: 691
Re: Urban Scenes

Nice tones. I really like the last image.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 5,148
Re: Terns

Generous partner and impressive images given the 600 + x1.4 set up.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +6 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,059

They look nice small

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Artur Darulewski Contributing Member • Posts: 556

Thank you. Fortunately air waving was not a problem but long distance and strong backlight had negative impact on the IQ.

Cheers,

Artur

Artur Darulewski's gear list:Artur Darulewski's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +11 more
SigmaChrome Forum Pro • Posts: 13,985
Re: Little ones with feathers

Great shots, Morris!

Excellent technique produces excellent results.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Vitée
Capture all the light and colour!
http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro +39 more
Meeces
Meeces Regular Member • Posts: 278
Re: A selection from a ghost town . . .

Mark wrote:

I like them all but the glass bottle picture is beautiful. Is it a particular film sim?

Funny that this well known place can look so undisturbed!

Mark-

Unfortunately, I don’t remember what the base sim used was. I usually default to Astia or Pro Neg.  All are edited via Apple photos with darkroom or RAW Power app tweaks.

I can say the first two of the chairs got a slightly tweaked RAW Power app Classic Chrome 2 preset/LUT added to the base.

I would not have used any in camera recipes at the time I took the shots . . . I didn’t know about them yet, or they weren’t quite as popular yet.

Clear as mud, right?

-- hide signature --

Matt
instagram.com/matticus390
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T4. 56mm, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400mm, 1.4 ext.

Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Morris0
Re: Little ones with feathers

SigmaChrome wrote:

Great shots, Morris!

Excellent technique produces excellent results.

Thank you Vitée,

I try :-}

Morris

Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
SVJIM Senior Member • Posts: 1,754
Re: Doing What Beavers Do

In California they have found that beavers can be quite effective at restoring wet lands, particularly during drought periods.

-- hide signature --

Photography should be fun
http://www.TouchingMemories.com

SVJIM's gear list:SVJIM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50-230mm II
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,733

SVJIM wrote:

In California they have found that beavers can be quite effective at restoring wet lands, particularly during drought periods.

In reality beavers are only destructive to the wishes of man.  They have a key roll in preserving wetlands.  My wife and I were backpacking on the Flattops in Colorado in 1985.  The Flattops is now a wilderness area - wasn't then.  Also then we were the only people up there.  The third night we were close to a pond.  I pulled out my fly rod and tried but the fish were better than me.  We had had fresh trout on the first two nights for dinner.  So I give up and lay back against my pack.  Then a head pops out of the water - a beaver.  It swims in circles - each coming closer and closer.  The old boy was trying to figure me out.  It got closer to the shore.  When I sit up he didn't seem to mind.  He swam around this large pound on the surface until we left to set up camp.

Also I found some of the best fishing for native brook trout in Colorado were below beaver ponds.

Beaver are not destructive to the environment.  Man is 1 million times more destructive than the beaver.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +14 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324

Truman Prevatt wrote:

SVJIM wrote:

In reality beavers are only destructive to the wishes of man. They have a key roll in preserving wetlands. My wife and I were backpacking on the Flattops in Colorado in 1985. The Flattops is now a wilderness area - wasn't then. Also then we were the only people up there. The third night we were close to a pond. I pulled out my fly rod and tried but the fish were better than me. We had had fresh trout on the first two nights for dinner. So I give up and lay back against my pack. Then a head pops out of the water - a beaver. It swims in circles - each coming closer and closer. The old boy was trying to figure me out. It got closer to the shore. When I sit up he didn't seem to mind. He swam around this large pound on the surface until we left to set up camp.

Also I found some of the best fishing for native brook trout in Colorado were below beaver ponds.

Beaver are not destructive to the environment. Man is 1 million times more destructive than the beaver.

They have a key role not only in preserving wetlands, but in restoring overgrazed and eroded riparian ecosystems.  Wherever a beaver builds a dam, the river upstream of the dam resumes its old meandering course, and countless species benefit.

-- hide signature --
CeeDave
CeeDave Senior Member • Posts: 2,110
The Adams family in Quincy

From a walk today in my hometown of Quincy, Massachusetts, USA

The birthplace of John Adams, second US president. This is the oldest surviving presidential birthplace in the US, of course heavily reconstructed but accurately and on its original foundation. It has about 20 percent original timbers, dating as early as 1670 or so, including up to 26 inch wide flooring planks from the large white pines in the area. Pretty humble compared to Mt Vernon and Monticello, homes (not birthplaces) of the first and third presidents. The birthplace of the sixth president, John Quincy Adam’s, is in an adjacent cottage on this lot. Four US presidents (these two, plus Kennedy and GHW Bush) were born in Norfolk County, Massachusetts.

Cairn marking the location where Abigail Adams and her son John Quincy Adam’s are thought to have watched the smoke rise as the British burnt Charlestown, and heard the canons fire in the battles on Breed’s and Bunker Hills in June of 1775. One can, indeed, see Bunker Hill from here, about 12 miles to the north. That is the famous Quincy granite that the cairn is resting on; elsewhere, it is a monument and building quality granite that was quarried.

-- hide signature --

Chris
Striving to make the quotidian quotable.

CeeDave's gear list:CeeDave's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +11 more
Michael Floyd Regular Member • Posts: 320
Softly

For me this image is all about the periphery - the central sharp(er) area merely there to provide a counterpoint and a place for the eye to return to briefly between longer periods exploring the shadows and subtleties surrounding.

I realise that I'm likely quite the outlier in my taste, however this kind of image is mostly what it's all about for me.

Xpro3, SMC Pentax M 50/4 Macro,  ISO 12800.

Processed in Capture One, which is looking more and more like it will replace RawTherapee for me going forward.

You really need to view this full size to even have a chance of seeing why I like it ....

Michael Floyd's gear list:Michael Floyd's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Zeiss Loxia 50 +5 more
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,324
A Bandit in the Bee Balm

A female ruby-throated hummingbird, photographed with an X-T20 and Canon FD 300mm F4 L, a lens that I really enjoy but don't use as often as I should.

Slight crop.

Trying to capture birds on the wing with a manual focus lens requires patience, and the ratio of non-keepers to keepers is even higher than usual.

-- hide signature --
Morris0
Sanderlings, Terns and more

These images were taken yesterday morning in light fog.

Long time Canon Explorer of Light Arthur Morris as well as acquaintance of mine for many years. Arty and I had not crossed paths in a few years so it was nice to catch up and shared a few of our recent images which was a lot of fun.

Morris

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads